Get ready for gaming. When gaming is on your mind, the app features a specialized mode to make it easier to play.
Siri and more. From the main screen, you can control the Apple TV through gestures or even Siri. You can also switch Apple TVs with just a few taps.
What is it about?
The top draw is the ability to talk with with Siri and find something great to watch, listen to, or play. Users can navigate the Apple TV interface with gestures and also enter text, email addresses, and passwords with the keyboard. You can also control a movie, TV show, or song that is playing. Gamers should also be happy to hear that an iPhone can now be used in place of the Siri Remote to play games with an accelerometer and gyroscope. The Game Mode also features simplified controls.
For those who...
- Own a fourth-generation Apple TV.
- Want to use Siri and more directly from their iPhone.
- Want to play games on the TV screen using their iPhone.
Not for those who...
- Own a second-or third-generation Apple TV and are happy with the iTunes Remote app.
- Enjoy using only the Siri Remote for the fourth-generation device.
- Don't have an Apple TV.
Why we love it
If you're one of those people who can never seem to put the iPhone down, or if you loose the Siri Remote, this app is a great way to control the Apple TV. It can also be used to control the second- and third-generation devices.
App Store Description
Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.