What is it about?
BeerSmith 2 is one of the world’s top selling home brewing software companies. This app seamlessly integrates with the desktop software, allowing the home brewer to design, edit and brew your best beer from your iPhone or iPad. Save a recipe on your desktop and the cloud will make it available on your phone. You can either create your own recipes, or search through thousands of BeerSmith recipes. The easy to set up timers for steep, mash and boil will send you notifications so you never forget when it’s time for the next step. There are seven calculators and five unit converters that every home brewer needs to have.
Why we love it
This app really does have it all for the home brewer. There are thousands of beer recipes at your fingertips, and if you're feeling brave enough to venture out on your own, you can create your very own recipes and tweak them however you wish. With built in calculators and converters, this just very well may be the only home brewing app you need.
App Store Description
Do you want to create great beer recipes on the go? BeerSmith 2, the world's top selling home brewing software, comes to iPhone/iPad. BeerSmith Mobile gives you all the tools to design, edit and brew your best beer from your phone or tablet. BeerSmith mobile is tightly integrated with our recipe cloud service and desktop BeerSmith program making it easy to create recipes from your desktop computer or phone and share them transparently. Save a recipe on your desktop cloud folder and open it on your phone. In addition our BeerSmithRecipes search function puts thousands of new recipes at your fingertips. An integrated brew day timer with step by step instructions, brewing calculators and tools for converting units rounds out this great app!
The ultimate app for BeerSmith users - create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk our the door and edit the recipe from your phone or tablet!
- New BJCP 2015 Beer Style Guide included
- Ability to fully edit recipe and brew session data
- Editing of ingredients including hops, grains, misc, water, and yeast
- Full edit of profiles including equipment, mash profiles, aging and carbonation
- Functions to scale a recipe by equipment, alter color, original gravity or bitterness
- Ability to save profiles or ingredients from an existing recipe to your phone database
- Search, view and select from thousands of recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com
- Brewday timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
- Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
- Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
- Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
- Full beer style guide in app for reference
- Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
- Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
New in this version:
- Brought brewing engine up to 2.3 desktop standards including whirlpool hops and late extract additions
- You can now install new ingredients and equipment add-ons easily
- A new session dialog is available from the recipe editor to record session data
- Mash pH adjustments and estimates can also be made from the session dialog
- A yeast starter calculator has been added to the recipe editor
- You can lock/unlock recipes like the desktop version
- A number of smaller bug fixes and improvements were made