What is it about?
Of course, when it comes to dog breeds, there is much more to it than just personality and traits. You're also going to have to understand the different types of health issues that may be prominent to certain breeds. Breed Health for Dogs is an app that tells you of potential health issues that may come up during your dog's life span. This information is valuable because you can prepare for it ahead of time and make sure that your dog still has an enjoyable life despite common health issues among the breed. It's a must for any dog owner.
For those who...
- Want to make sure that they are prepared for any health issues that are common with their type of dog
- Want to research before getting a dog so they are ready
Not for those who...
- Already know the medical issues that may arise from specific dog breeds
- Aren't planning on owning dogs
Why we love it
Breed Health for Dogs is very informative when it comes to the various health issues that may pop up more prominently in certain dog breeds. It's important to know this information and this app makes it accessible to everyone.
App Store Description
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR ALL DOG LOVERS!
A one-of-a kind app to inform you of the potential inherited diseases in your dog, and steps you can take for early diagnosis.
* What every dog owner should know in order to safeguard the health of his or her dog.
* Looking for a dog? What you should know before you buy.
* The most popular dog breeds and their inherited predispositions.
* Descriptions of possible genetic diseases and steps for prevention. Never again will you be told by your veterinarian that you should have come in sooner, when preventive treatment could have been started.
* Recommended testing and timelines for testing.
* Be informed before you see your vet.
* Includes information on over 300 genetically linked diseases. Prevent bladder and kidney stones, blindness from glaucoma, strokes from high blood pressure and more.
* Genetic breed information that will help you select a pet health insurance company that will best cover your dog’s genetic risks. Avoid claims from being declined due to disease exclusions.
* A handy in-your-pocket guide, to protect your " best friend" from potentially serious health problems - valuable information condensed into one resource.
Written by a veterinarian with easy-to-understand explanations. Find out why veterinarians are using this information for client education in their offices.
Craig Mohnacky DVM, Vista California: "Great product - long overdue! Our clients are very receptive to it.”
Miranda Bourque DVM, Calgary Canada: “This information is so important for our pet owners…in such an easy to read format….I am excited to add this breed information to all of my new puppy packs.”
American Cocker Spaniel
American Staffordshire Terrier
Australian Cattle Dog
Bernese Mountain Dog
Bouvier de Flanders
Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Chespeake Bay Retriever
Chinese Shar Pei
Dogue de Bordeaux
English Cocker Spaniel
English Springer Spaniel
Flat Coated Retriever
German Shepherd Dog
German Shorthaired Pointer
German Wirehaired Pointer
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Jack Russell Terrier
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Old English Sheepdog
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Pit Bull Terrier
Portuguese Water Dog
Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
West Highland White Terrier
Our users said:
“I am so grateful for this information. When looking at the predispositions for Chihuahuas, I noticed that they are prone to glaucoma. I feel lucky that this was detected before she became blind.”
Author: Craig Dixon DVM - a practicing veterinarian for 45 years and author of two published books: First Aide for Pets and Breed Risk Prevention in Dogs, a veterinary reference book.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.