What is it about?
★ BURGER GPS ★ Hamburger America ★
App Store Description
★ BURGER GPS ★ Hamburger America ★
George Motz's Official State-by-State Guide to the most interesting burgers in the USA.
Burger Author / Filmmaker / Travel Channel Host George Motz has eaten over 10,000 burgers in his life. Trust him and use this app to find your next great burger.
★ Key Features ★
• Find great burgers nearby or elsewhere
• Includes close to 2,000 expert-sourced listings
• NO typical fast food chains
• NO restaurants that use frozen meat
• Browse a list of every burger joint in the app
• Over 250 photos from George's own collection
• Most listings are historic mom 'n pop shops
★ Other Features ★
• Most listings include George's own Menu Picks
• Share burger joints with friends with email & social tools
• Keep a diary of favorites, past and future visits
• Follow George's Blog Posts
• "Add Chains" button activates these special chains in search: Five Guys, In-N-Out, Smashburger, Steak 'n Shake and more
★ A Note from George and Seth About Version 2 ★
We thank all of you for the enormous response and feedback that we've received regarding our app. Some people have asked why their favorite burger joint isn't included in the app yet. And we just wanted to explain that there's a very good reason for that. We only include establishments that we or our EBTs have actually tasted. That's the difference between an expert-sourced app and a crowd-sourced app. With Burger GPS, you know you're getting a recommendation from a reliable source. George has tasted over 10,000 burgers. He is an expert in the field...As are his small group of "Expert Burger Tasters". We simply cannot include a place that we have not visited. If you are looking for recommendations from the general community of the internet, I'm sure you can figure out which app to use. We certainly do not profess to know about EVERY single great American burger joint. And, we can say honestly, that we never will know every one. But we know about a lot of them and we continue to seek out the great ones. We take all of your recommendations seriously. And whether we agree with your personal burger assessments or not, we absolutely appreciate the time you've taken to communicate with us. So thank you for your support. We are all in this for that same love of the hamburger. See you on the road.
- George and Seth
★ About George Motz ★
Since the release of the 1st edition of the original book and film Hamburger America in 2004, George Motz has become America’s foremost hamburger expert. He has taught a hamburger course at New York University and has consulted for many restaurants. In 2006, "Hamburger America" (the film) became required viewing for a food course at Princeton University and was nominated for a James Beard Award. In 2007, George created The Food Film Festival series, www.thefoodfilmfestival.com, where guests taste what they see on the screen and has since served 25,000+ hungry guests in New York City and Chicago. In addition to his ongoing work as a filmmaker, writer and photographer, George continues to travel the country in search of interesting hamburgers and the stories behind them. Be sure to tune in to his tv show "Burger Land" on Travel Channel. For more information about George Motz and Hamburger America, visit www.hamburgeramerica.com
★ Notes ★
• Burger GPS currently includes listings in every state except for Wyoming. We hope to find a great burger there soon.
• The default search includes only mom 'n pop burger joints. Select "Add Chains" to add in locations of select chains serving burgers made from 100% fresh meat (not frozen).
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.