Cool Filters You Can Apply to Your Videos. Clips also comes with a wide variety of filters you can apply to your videos. Want to make yourself look like a comic book character? You can do that. Other filters can put a chrome effect on your video, make it look like an ink drawing, or adjust the colorization. If you want to shoot a film noir video, for example, there's a filter for that. All told, there are seven filters to choose from right now.
Adding Captions to Your Video? Not only can you add captions, but Clips will do it automatically for you. Just start speaking while you're recording, and the app will listen for your voice and transcribe it. Make sure you speak slowly and enunciate clearly to avoid having to do much editing after the fact. Once you're done recording, though, you can play your video back and tap pause when your Live Text is on the screen. Then tap the caption, and you'll go into a screen that allows you to edit what Clips has understood.
Add Photos and Videos From Your Library, and Even a Soundtrack. If you choose Library, you can add existing photos and videos to your creation. This is a great feature, since you can stitch together your favorite memories in a single video. If you want to add a soundtrack to a video, you can do that, too, using audio clips provided with the app or music from your iTunes Library. Apple Music tracks don't seem to work, however.
What is it about?
Anyone with a handset in the iPhone X line and the newest iPad Pro models can take advantage of six new Selfie Scenes.
App Store Description
Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time with simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Easily change the style of your title, adjust text and punctuation, or add inline emoji
Artistic effects and filters
• Turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Add warmth, impact, or drama to videos and photos with a selection of filters from the Camera app
• Use effects and filters while recording or apply them to photos and videos from your library
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends and characters from Star Wars, Toy Story, and Inside Out
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Selfie Scenes with TrueDepth camera
• Make amazing selfie videos that take you out of reality and place you in fantasy worlds with immersive, animated backgrounds**
• Each scene is a 360-degree video that surrounds you on all sides as you move
• Choose from 20 unique scenes including an 8-bit video game, monster laboratory, and abstract painting
• Create a video onboard the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, underwater in Finding Dory, or downtown Municiberg from Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2
• Tap a person in the share sheet to quickly send your video to friends and family
• Share directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie Scenes require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.