What is it about?
CRACKSHOT : Marksmanship Trainer
App Store Description
CRACKSHOT : Marksmanship Trainer
Experience the dry fire solution for the 21st century. Leveraging the latest techniques in augmented reality, CRACKSHOT is an extremely accurate, customizable, and practical solution to at home dry fire training. Featuring five separate game modes, each of which is completely configurable, and supporting up to four targets, CRACKSHOT is a unique solution as compared to other systems which focus on a single target. CRACKSHOT will let you configure most real world physical targets, so you can customize your training regimen. CRACKSHOT is extremely customizable and flexible so you can train your own way.
Other systems focus on improving marksmanship on a single target, and while CRACKSHOT supports this concept as well, the focus of our laser training dryfire system is to support engaging multiple targets with not just accuracy, but also speed. With simulations based on IPSC / USPSA competition structure in mind, completed with USPSA verbal commands in drills, no matter your experience and skill level you'll stay sharp with CRACKSHOT.
The fact of the matter is that no virtual solution can replace live fire marksmanship training. However, CRACKSHOT gives you another tool in the toolbelt for supplementing your real world training exercises with practical dryfire training.
CRACKSHOT is compatible with most brands of laser ammo cartridge (it has worked with every single one we've tested with).
Featuring Four Separate Dryfire Training Exercise Game Modes:
- Free Shooting Mode : A casual game mode with no score keeping. Up to 4 target areas can be defined. Misses on targets are met with noise feedback. Hits on target have a metallic hit noise.
- Scoring Mode : A casual game mode in which up to four target areas can each be given a unique point value. Scoring is tallied and the game mode is untimed / unlimited. When the game is manually put to an end, a summary of hits vs misses and general stats is made available.
- Number of Hits Mode : A casual, untimed game mode where the user must hit each configurable target a configurable number of times. Useful for competition training, an IPSC / USPSA hit factor score is calculated based on hits, misses, and time elapsed. More specific shot by shot analysis is also available.
- Timed Number of Hits mode: Similar to the number of hits mode, except an additional option is available to allow for a time restriction. If the targets are not completed before the timer runs out, additional penalties are applied to the the hit factor score.
- Target Callout Mode : The application will constantly call out new targets based on the number of targets already configured. The shooter will need to hit the targets in order as quickly as they can. This game mode will stretch your ability to switch between targets dynamically, as well as your mental capacity to think quick and shoot on the fly.
Additional Customizable features include:
- Random start timer option on some game modes to simulate competition variability
- Ammo limits placed in some game modes
- Shot by shot analysis of the last 50 shots fired
- Instant audible feedback on every hit or miss (prevents bad habits from forming as a result of using laser cartridge ammunition).
- Automatic Calibration paired with Manual Configurable red dot detection sensitivity to help with environmental factors such as differences in lighting, backdrop, shadows, etc.
- In depth tutorials linked to the application main menu
- Community chat for the developer Discord chat server
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.