Tap to edit. While the old-school calculators that did tape printouts didn't let you make changes easily, Digits does. If you see that you've made a mistake somewhere in your calculation, just tap on the line and make the change you need. The totals on the tape will be updated in real time, and you can save the tape for reference later. It's never been easier to deal with calculator tape.
Commenting. When you're adding up a bunch of large numbers (or even subtracting, multiplying, or dividing), then things can get a bit complicated and muddy after a while. Fortunately, you can leave comments in Digits so that you know and remember what each line means. Those numbers won't blend together into one giant blob anymore once you properly label them.
Multi-tape browser. With Digits, users can make multiple calculations and save each individual tape for it. The tape will contain all of the history of the calculation, and changes can be made directly on the tape itself. Once you're done figuring out what you need, you can save each tape for referencing later, or you can even print it using AirPrint. It's a great modern take on the tape printout calculator.
What is it about?
Digits, the calculator for humans is not only an App Store staff favorite, but an AppAdvice favorite as well. This universal app makes calculating fun and intuitive with its fantastic look. Digits keeps a digital tape (or printout) of everything you calculate. Switch between tapes and easily find others using the beautiful tape browser. AirPrint is included to make printing out your tapes easy. Bluetooth keyboard support is included, along with high resolution support for modern iOS devices. You can even change the colors of your keypad or buttons. Digits is a wonderful calculator app for your iPad, and is a definite essential.
For those who...
- Like working with calculators that use printout tape
- Prefer traditional calculator experiences
- Want an intuitive interface
Not for those who...
- Don't know what printout tape is
- Want a prettier calculator
- Need graphing capabilities
Why we love it
Many of us are old enough to remember working with those calculators that use printout tape paper. Digits is a lovely and fully modernized version of those that is much easier to use and lets you quickly make edits when necessary.
App Store Description
Get organized! Conquer numbers on the go. Digits 3 is a top-to-bottom rewrite made for the latest iOS and devices.
We're human. We're busy. We make mistakes. So we designed a calculator for humans, from the ground up. Digits combines the editability of a spreadsheet with the simplicity of a calculator. Digits is a calculator a human can love.
So, why do so many humans love Digits? Its uniquely correctable tape means never worrying if you entered a calculation correctly. Make a mistake? Tap any entry on the tape to correct it (or edit, insert, copy and more). Then, add a label/comment and email or print the tape.
Digits is Shift’s highly-rated iOS calculator app that features an intuitive, fully correctable and editable line-by-line tape history. It uniquely provides spreadsheet-like editing with calculator-level simplicity. Tapes are stored as documents so groups of calculations can be stored and edited conveniently. Comments can be added to each calculation line, making the app ideal for expense tracking and budgeting.
Digits 3 highlights:
• An updated, polished user interface with buttery-smooth interaction.
• Dark Mode and detailed color and sound customization.
• Multi-threaded processing for desktop-level performance.
• In-app upgrades, starting with Tape Document sharing (via Messages, Mail, Dropbox and other popular file sharing services).
• Built from the ground up with support for 64-bit and the latest iOS/hardware.
• Designed to maximize resolution on devices like the iPhone X.
• Split View support on iPad for side-by-side work.
• Expanded in-app help.
• Accessibility VoiceOver support.
How Digits earned its stars:
• Spreadsheet-like editing with calculator-level simplicity.
• Fully correctable and editable line-by-line tape history.
• Fluidly enter values, label and email or print.
• Double-check and correct entries with ease.
• Export Tape Documents in a variety of formats.
Delete row, backspace, clear all, clear, memory, memory plus, memory minus, plus or minus, tape browser, percent, export, settings, shop, tips, help, edit, insert, total, copy, use, comment, flag, sin, cos, tan, square, cube, exponent, square root, cube root, root, inverse, Euler, Pi, add, subtract, multiply, divide, total.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.