What is it about?
App Store Description
$24.99 -> $19.99
The complete DioDict English Dictionary • 184,500 words, meanings and examples • Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words • No internet connection needed.
**Free upgrade available for DioDict 3.5 English Dictionary users.
If you are using DioDict 3.5, please note that each version has different functions. Wordbook/History functions may not be available in the newest version due to database replacement. **
=====Powerful & Specialized Functions=====
▶ Easier Search with 'Multi Search' ◀
• When you enter a word to search, relevant sentence idioms and phrasal verbs are searched for and spelling is checked automatically.
• Multiple types of searches are available in a single search window without the need to select a search mode.
▶ Search Features ◀
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search not only for words, but for phrases or examples.
• The spell check function corrects typos - if you are unsure of the spelling or mis-type a word, a list of similar words is offered.
• Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• The search results are listed in real-time when you enter a keyword.
• Links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
▶ Vocab Revision ◀
• Pronunciation guide from the built-in American Text To Speech (TTS) solution.
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• You can efficiently learn the words saved in the folders using the Cradle and Yes/No Quizzes function.
=====Contains Rich Content =====
This app includes content from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 8th edition, 2010.
Imagine having the top selling English learner’s dictionary in your pocket!
Dictionary features include:
• 184,500 words, phrases and meanings from British and American English. British/American-only words are specially marked.
• Thousands of examples of real English showing learners how a word is normally used.
• Text to speech engine so you can listen to American and British native speaker's pronunciation of words and sentences.
• 1,000 newly coined words, such as ‘podcast', 'wiki', 'carbon footprint', 'social networking', and 'tiger economy'.
• 7,000 synonyms and antonyms as well as 5,000 words related to science, literature, computers, and business.
• Explanations and examples use natural, easy-to-understand English.
• A pronunciation guide (IPA) with word stress shown next to each word entry.
• Large amount of grammatical information:
-- parts of speech (noun, verb, adj. etc.) of each word.
-- irregular verb forms and noun plurals.
-- which prepositions are used with which verbs and adjectives.
-- whether a noun is countable or uncountable.
=====Reliable Dictionary App Provider=====
***Electronic Dictionary Application Chosen by Top Smartphone Manufacturers, such as Samsung and LG.
- Installed on over 90% of Samsung and LG smartphones with users all over the world. Highest market share for dictionary applications.
*** The Number One Company in the Domestic Mobile Electronic Dictionary Market for Over 10 Years, with Over 100 staff in R&D.
- The company’s own testing department performs meticulous testing, along with a customer support department.
■ CS center : [email protected]
Our company name is now 'SELVAS AI' officially changed from DIOTEK.
The new name reflects our dedication to Artificial Intelligence technology, all of us at SELVAS AI strive to do our best for our customers.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.