What is it about?
Disconnect is a great ad blocker because it works with other third-party browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.) and not just Safari. It's able to block ads, trackers, and even malicious malware that would affect your device, and you can see all of the trackers that they block. In the end, this leads to faster page loads and better performance on your device as a whole.
Why we love it
Disconnect is free to try and it works great. You'll definitely see some improvement on your device once you use this blocker.
Disconnect Premium VPN is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Disconnect Premium makes it easy to protect yourself from unwanted tracking inside websites, apps, and email! The most powerful and user friendly VPN app now includes unique SmartVPN technology that empowers you with an unprecedented amount of privacy and control over tracking and encryption. Full VPN setting routes and encrypts all traffic through a VPN server location of your choice. We strive to provide the best and most usable privacy solutions available. Our pioneering VPN products offer strong protection without causing any hassles, slowdown, or breakage.
OUR PROTECTION POWERS PRIVACY FOR HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE
Disconnect’s privacy technology is integrated into several popular browsers including Mozilla's Firefox and Microsoft's Edge and our apps have been Featured by The New York Times, Washington Post, 60 Minutes, Today Show, Wired, & many more!
YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR BUSINESS, WE DON'T WANT YOUR DATA
Disconnect never logs, tracks, or collects any of your online activity or personal information, except the information you explicitly volunteer (like if you decide to email us).
- Protection across all your apps, browsers and email inboxes
- Device wide tracker protection, which results in faster page and app loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- Easy to use firewall empowers you to block whatever you want
- Real-time list of trackers trying to collect your location and online activity
- Stats dashboard shows what's blocked, along with time and data savings
- Encrypt all Internet connections, to prevent Wi-Fi snooping and other forms of surveillance
- Full VPN mode masks your location / IP address
- “Less breakage” mode automatically does not route traffic through VPN when visiting sites and services known to block VPNs
- Utilizes servers in over 180 locations and 80+ countries to ensure fastest connections
- Blocks invisible tracking and malvertising threats
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
Our Tracker Protection technology is integrated into popular browsers and is now available to block trackers inside all your apps. Premium blocks trackers by setting a DNS to prevent known tracking domains from connecting. We are solely focused on privacy and have a well-defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. We give you full control of which trackers are blocked or allowed.
Why secure HTTP and DNS matter? Your device loads thousands of unsecured HTTP and DNS connections everyday. These unencrypted connections are vulnerable to surveillance. Our technology encrypts your DNS and HTTP connections. We NEVER store or log any traffic routed through our servers and don’t track your IP address or any other personal info, except the info you volunteer.
Apple gives itself and all app developers the ability to route device traffic over your device’s cellular interface without any user notice or permission. This means that even if you are using a VPN, Apple or any app you use could receive your cellular IP. You can prevent this by using the VPN on Wi-Fi only and turning off your device’s cellular connection. We are actively working on a better solution.
Our mission is to improve the internet and the world by empowering people to exercise their right to privacy.
- We help protect 100s of millions of people
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the SXSW festival, list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app for several years
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and the EFF
Please contact [email protected] to connect with our awesome team.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.