Divvy the check just by snapping its picture. First, you scan your restaurant or bar tab by taking a picture of it. Divvy asks you to point out the total, and any additional tips or taxes that are included in the total.
Tell Divvy who ordered what. Next, the app automatically determines what items are on the bill, including their cost, so you can assign them to you and your dining companions.
Set the tip amount, group diners together, and pay. Finally, you can group diners together, specify how much you want to tip, and then Divvy tells you exactly how much each group should pay.
What is it about?
Divvy uses your iPhone's camera and Object Character Recognition (OCR) to help you figure out quickly how to divide up the tab. To use this app, you first need to give it access to the camera.
For those who...
- often eat out with friends or colleagues and pick up the tab
- need a quick and easy way to divide up a bar tab or restaurant bill
Not for those who...
- don't eat out with others
- drink alone and prefer to be by themselves
Why we love it
What I love about Divvy is that it even lets you group diners together. If you've got couples dining together, this is very handy. It keeps you from having to even think math on a fully belly, something I'm usually loathe to do. With Divvy, you just drag diners from a particular group on top of each other, and the app determines the total for each group. Of course, don't forget the tip. Divvy helps you with that, too. You just tell it what percentage you want to tip, and Divvy calculates how much you should leave or include as a tip. it also allocates a percentage of that tip to each person in the party, based on how much their portion of the bill was. Basically, with Divvy, you don't even need to think about how much you might owe on a food or bar tab. All you have to do is scan, drag, and drag some more. Divvy does all of the heavy lifting and arithmetic for you.
App Store Description
Divvy makes splitting the check as easy as snap, drag, and pay. Just snap a photo of the bill, drag each item to the person who ordered it, and see how much everyone owes.
"The coolest and most useful bill splitter I've ever used… This is the type of app that will make me wonder a year from now how I ever figured out a restaurant check with just a calculator." — Steve Cooper, Toque Magazine
Splitting restaurant checks is a hassle. Divvy makes it fun & easy by automatically reading the prices on your bill using state-of-the-art optical character recognition so you don't have to type them in. Add guests from Contacts, using cartoon icons, or snap a QuickPic of your friends across the table. Then, just drag each item on the check to the people who ordered them to easily calculate total & tip for individuals or groups. Divvy takes care of all the math, so you can finish the meal with dessert rather than homework.
• Drag people at your table into groups to total and pay together
• Adjust tip calculations, and choose whether or not to tip on tax
• Split up items people shared, even unequally
• Add guests from contacts, by grabbing a quick photo, or using cartoon icons
• Use Smart Rounding to round everyone's share to an even dollar
• Detailed breakdown of what everyone owes including pre-tip, tip, and total amounts. Easily see how much to put on your credit card and how much tip to write in later
• Optionally calculate tip including coupons like the ones from popular daily deal sites
• Tax is automatically split based on how much each person spent. Support for items like drinks that already have tax included
• Divvy gives you feedback when photographing and splitting your check for fast & accurate recognition
Divvy only works on printed restaurant checks and requires an iPhone 4 or above.
We couldn't be more excited about Divvy, and there's a lot more on the way! Watch a video of Divvy in action at: http://divvythatup.com/