Watch the trailer
What is it about?
Dog Sled Saga ($3.99) by Dan FitzGerald is a dogsledding simulation game that will appeal to all dog lovers out there. If you liked games like Punch Club but wish you had something a bit colder and filled with more dogs, then Dog Sled Saga will be right up your alley.
For those who...
- Love dogs
- Enjoy simulation games
- Want a challenging game
Not for those who...
- Don't like dogs
- Don't like simulation games
- Are looking for a casual puzzle game
Why we love it
The pixel art style is lovely, the music is delightful, the sound effects are realistic, and the simulation aspect has a lot of depth and strategy to it. The racing is fun and hey, who doesn't love dogs?
App Store Description
A game by Dan + Lisa
As a rookie musher, foster a dogsledding team whose skills will grow if they're treated right. Week by week, get to know your dogs' unique traits, and carve your story into the trails of the Mount St. Something region.
Dog Sled Saga has a pick-up-and-play dogsled racing. Each dog's speed is hindered by hunger. Lob a limited supply of food to them to keep at full speed. Hazards on the track await.
By the time you reach the top league, you’ll need to:
- Budget monthly league expenses
- Hire and fire dogs
- Leverage fame to earn sponsorship deals
- Bring on employees for multitasking
- Breed puppies
- Pick-up-and-play racing
- Deep team management simulation
- Unique dogs with varying attributes and conditions
- True pixel-grid art style with frame-by-frame animation
- Multi platform save sync via Drive