What is it about?
THE DYSLEXIA APP
App Store Description
THE DYSLEXIA APP
Recommended by experts and specialists, The Dyslexia App now in english!
Kidzplaymob and OnLine Studio Productions are companies dedicated to the difusión of didactic and educational material, is proud to present "The Dyslexia App", an innovative application, intuitive and practical which will help people of all ages, providing them with a large number of activities and excersizes which covers phonetic, phonologic, morphologic and syntactic levels of english. This application also includes a practical guide to clarify any doubts and myths regarding dislexia, and to provide exact facts about it.
Its utility will not only be appreciated by children, Young people and adults with dislexia, but also by parents, tutors or specialists dealing with this condition,which has been present amongst the human race since the beginning of time.
• Practical design and friendly colors for dyslexic children and Young people as well as parents, tutors and specialists.
• Main menu with buttons and totally intuitive options thanks to their icons and text.
• Option to choose the color of the text and its respective background for the comfort of the user.
• One can enlarge or shrink the size of the informative texts thanks to the iPad zoom. Just pinch or spread your fingers on the screen.
Within the information complied for advanced readers, the application contains the following topics:
• Concise information about the history of dislexia and its consideration in history..
• Definition and typology of dislexia, as well as the ways to unlock the meaning of words.
• Causes of dislexia explained under 5 apporaches: phonologic, sensory, neurologic, genetic, behavioural and psychomotory.
• Diagnosis and treatment: common signs or symptoms of dislexia in chronological order and suggestions about how to approach them.
• A description of history’s most famous dyslexics: Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Tom Cruise, John F. Kennedy, Tommy Hilfiger and many more.
• Myths and realities about this “illness” or “hándicap”, which currently is no longer consider as such.
• A list and locations of specialised treatment and teaching centres, specialised in dealing with dislexia and similar conditions in the USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and over 20 countries worldwide.
The excersize section is divided into 5 big blocks which contain between 4 and 8 activities per section so that you, your child, or student with dislexia may practice and go over daily, and advance with difficulties of writing and the associationn between images, concepts and the written Word.
• Excersizes grouped in progressive blocks: Consonants, Hearing and Reading, Syllables, Words and Phrases.
• On finishing an excersize correctly, you proceed to the next one.
• On finishing a group of excersizes (1,2,3...), you proceed automatically to the next group.
• Sounds to indicate whether or not an answer is correct or not.
• Option to add or erase an activity from the favourites list. In this way, each time that you wish to repeat an activity to reinforce its theme, you can Access it via the inside button.
• List of achievements through which you, your children or students will be able to recognise and follow the completed excersizes step by step and the knowledge which one has already obtained, or those which remain to be reinforced, generating a larger sense of satisfaction and self confidence.
Enjoy and recommend this fascinating, delightful and educational application to others. It should be an essential part of your digital iPad collection!
Get to know our fascinating audiobooks, games and other applications by following us on Facebook:
and also on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kidzplaymob
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.