What is it about?
Plant effort, grow learning!
App Store Description
Plant effort, grow learning!
If you don’t pay attention you can’t learn! E4Effort is a system for improving student effort, engagement, motivation, and behavior. The system has five main parts.
The Scoring App. teachers use the scoring app to score student effort in four categories: Ready, Participation, On Task, and Behavior.
* READY is used to score student readiness at the start of class and to track absences and tardies.
* PARTICIPATION is used to randomly select students for participation and then score their level of attentiveness. When using Participation for questions, students do not have to answer a question correctly to receive a high score – they just need to show that they have been attentive.
* ON TASK is an important skill to reinforce. Easily give students credit for their focus and progress during independent or group assigned learning tasks.
* Complying with classroom rules takes effort. Score student BEHAVIOR daily or weekly and send Behavior Comments to selected students and their parents right from your smart phone. Behavior Comments can be used to identify areas that need improvement or to complement recent improvements or sustained excellence.
* RECOGNITION allows you to regularly select students for Effort Awards. Students can earn a Bronze, Silver, or Gold badge and “Effort Shares” (explained below).
The Teacher Dashboard
* Manage students and courses
* Monitor class and individual trends
* Review and adjust student effort scores
* Define student effort with more precision by creating multiple subcategories to the primary categories of On Task and Participation
* Review previously sent Behavior Comments or send new ones
* Setup one or more seating assignments for each of your classes
* Monitor and manage student achievements and Effort Shares
The Student Website. Students get their own E4Effort website that is updated in real time. Parents and guardians can visit too!
* Achievements page includes: score percentages by effort category, scatter plot of effort by category and date, Challenge and Effort Award badges.
* Scores page which displays a scoring events table that lists each effort score by date, course, category, and score.
* Behavior Comments page: Comments from the teacher are listed here. Parents and guardians who have enrolled on the student’s website will also receive an email alert each time a new comment is sent.
Effort Challenges. Effort Challenges increase student motivation! Challenges are automatically assessed by our web-based system in five-day increments. If a student achieves a challenge in any Effort Category they will earn an Achievement Badge and additional Effort Shares. New challenges occur every five class-days so a student can always decide to “up their game”.
Effort Shares. Effort Shares are an optional class currency. They are earned through winning Effort Awards and achieving Effort Challenges. Effort Shares can be used to buy things like pencils, notebooks, homework passes, permission to sit by a friend, a week-long teacher assistantship, - whatever you and your students agree on.
The E4Effort System was designed by a teacher with help from other teachers and developers. The beta version was tested over several academic years. If you have any questions or comments contact [email protected]
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.