What is it about?
App Store Description
Allows the user to collect data on the mobile device using a form created with Epi Info 7 on a desktop PC. Features include:
• Importing a collection form via the device’s native email app
• Opening saved forms
• Entering new records to be stored on the device
• Recalling and updating or deleting existing records
• Packaging and encrypting local datasets for import to PC Epi Info 7 projects
Allows the user to read and analyze locally-stored datasets. Features include:
• Storing comma-delimited tables to the local Epi Info SQLite table via email
• Frequency analysis
• 2x2 or MxN tables and associated statistics
• Means and associated statistics
• Deleting local SQLite tables from the device
StatCalc statistical calculators have long been a feature of CDC's Epi Info desktop software. Each calculator has been adapted for iOS and is included in this app. The app controls and facilitates user inputs by taking advantage of the iPad's touchscreen interface and using input devices such as sliders and steppers.
Included calculators are:
• 2x2xn calculator with associated confidence intervals and statistical tests
• Pair-matched case control 2x2 calculator with associated confidence intervals and statistical tests
• Chi-square calculator for trend detection
• Binomial calculator for determining the probability of an observed proportion
• Poisson calculator for determining the probability of an observed number of successes
• Sample size calculators:
• For unmatched case-control studies
• For cohort studies
• For population surveys
VHF Contact Tracing
Allows the user to load a dataset of contacts of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever cases, select records from that dataset, enter follow-up information for a record, transmit the follow-up information to a master database via SMS, and save the follow-up information to the local data table.
Limitation of Liability:
The materials embodied in the Epi Info™ Mobile Application are "as-is" and without warranty of any kind, express, implied or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the United States (U.S.) Government be liable to the user or to anyone else for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of use, savings or revenue, loss of data or the claims of third parties, whether or not CDC or the U.S. Government has been advised of the possibility of such loss, however caused and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the possession, use or performance of this software.
CDC does not collect any user information, personal or otherwise, when you use this mobile application.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.