What is it about?
Face your fears systematically!
App Store Description
Face your fears systematically!
Fear is an essential survival instinct that protects us from imminent dangers. But when it becomes excessive, persistent and starts interfering with our daily function, well being or quality of life it is time to nix it.
While there many options available to treat phobias, therapists often consider Systematic Desensitization, a form of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), as a first line of treatment. It is a form of exposure therapy where a person is encouraged to face the fear gradually in a controlled setting paired with coping skills (relaxation techniques) such as deep breathing or progressive muscle relaxation under a therapist’s guidance.
Fear Nix app provides a journaling interface to log your experiences of facing the fear gradually based on a fear ladder (hierarchy) in different exposure settings & coping skills. For example you could start with the imaginary setting, pair it with deep breathing, log how you feel and your fear response - fight, flight or freeze in the app.
Based on the data entered over a series of such exposures, Fear Nix app displays visually appealing statistics to analyze and find out what helps facing your fear. With Fear Nix app you can log & track multiple phobias, create your own strategies, hierarchies and coping skills - all neatly categorized in an elegant interface. You can also export the journal and the statistics in pdf format to share it with your therapist.
How to use the app:
1. List your fears to nix
2. Select or create a strategy
2. Create a fear ladder - list of stimuli (triggers) from least most feared
3. Log your fear exposure details
4. Set daily or specific reminders to keep nixing your fears
5. Find out what helps you most to face your fear based on statistics
6. Strike your fears with streaks
7. Track your progress using charts
Fear Nix offers more:
- Passcode protection
- Backup / restore using iCloud sync
- 15 beautiful color themes
- 72 different fonts
- Preferred start day of week
- Daily or specific reminders
- Inspirational quotes
- Customized icon and colors for fear response
- Advanced search filters
- Work offline, no internet connection is required except during iCloud sync
The app has below pre-defined strategies and settings.
Strategies Listing: (you can create your own too):
- Gradual Exposure (Systematic Desensitization)
- Direct Exposure (Flooding)
- Imaginary: In mind, visualized
- Virtual: In Silico, simulated using a device
- Controlled: In Vitro, a test environment
- Real: In Vivo, an actual environment
- Augmented: In combination of the above
Note: Fear Nix app is not intended to substitute or replace professional medical advice or treatment of your physician or therapist. If you have a medical condition or health concern you should always consult with a physician or other qualified health care professional.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.