What is it about?
*** Please read the ENTIRE description! ***
App Store Description
*** Please read the ENTIRE description! ***
WHAT IT DOES:
FieldMonitor™ lets you wirelessly monitor picture, exposure, and color using Wi-Fi-capable Panasonic™ Lumix™ cameras, Sony™ cameras, and Teradek™ H.264 transmitters. FieldMonitor runs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Use markers to show safe areas, aspect ratios, and framing grids. Desqueeze anamorphic images from 1.33x, 1.5x, and 2.0x lenses, with cropping to several final aspect ratios. Flip the image on either axis. Load 3D LUTs to make log images viewable and modify image appearance (camera sources only). Use focus assist to help nail your focus (camera sources only).
View a waveform monitor, vectorscope, and/or histogram to monitor exposure and color balance. Each ’scope is movable and resizable. WFM and histogram display Y (luma), RGB, or Y+RGB; the WFM also shows YCbCr. The vectorscope shows 75% and 100% targets and can be magnified 2x or 4x.
With iPhone 5S or later, iPod touch 6G or later, iPad Air or later, iPad mini 2 or later, or iPad Pro, you can view a false-color picture with adjustable levels.
With a supported camera and lens you can start/stop recording, control exposure and color settings, and zoom or focus remotely.
• Make sure your camera and workflow are supported *before* buying FieldMonitor, and contact me if you have any questions.
• Use Image App to test your Panasonic's remote-control capabilities, or PlayMemories Mobile to test your Sony, before buying FieldMonitor for use with those cameras. FieldMonitor can't make the camera do anything more than the manufacturer's app can.
• FieldMonitor depends on a clear Wi-Fi channel for monitoring and control. In areas with many busy Wi-Fi networks and/or sources of radio interference, performance cannot be guaranteed. Test with your camera’s native Wi-Fi app before buying FieldMonitor.
• Not all features are available with all cameras, in all recording modes, on all iDevices. Details at https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/
• FieldMonitor talks directly to ”hybrid” cameras like the GH5 and A7Sii, but not to cine cameras like the DVX200, EVA-1, FS7, or F55.
• Audio is not transmitted from camera sources.
• Panasonic's Wi-Fi image resolution is limited to 640x480 or 320x240; Sony's Wi-Fi image resolution is 1024x768 or 640x480.
• "Smart Remote" Sonys do NOT allow use of Picture Profiles (including S-Log) when using Wi-Fi remote monitoring or control.
• "Integrated remote" Sonys do not display focus area, battery level, or storage info.
• Camera controls are limited to shooting controls: there is no playback or download capability. Use Image App (Panasonic) or PlayMemories Mobile (Sony) for those functions.
• FieldMonitor runs on iPhone X in the "safe area", avoiding the curvy bits and leaving room for the Home Bar at the bottom of the screen.
SUPPORTED SOURCES (check website for full details):
• Panasonic: Lumix cameras that transmit a live view while recording when using Image App.
>>> GH3 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in Wi-Fi remote mode.
• Sony: ILC and RX cameras that transmit a live view while recording when using PlayMemories Mobile, including the A5100, A6300, A6500, A7S, A7Sii, A7ii, A7iii, A9, and A99ii.
>>> A5000, A6000, A7, A99 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in Wi-Fi remote mode.
• Teradek: Cube (100–600 series), VidiU, and Clip transmitters. Bolt, Serv, and 700–800 series Cubes are NOT supported.
• Detailed info at https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/support.html#Compatibility
Panasonic, Lumix, and Image App are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation. Sony and PlayMemories are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Teradek, Cube, Clip, VidiU, Serv, and Bolt are trademarks of Teradek, a Vitec Group Brand. FieldMonitor is an independently-developed app; Panasonic, Sony, and Teradek are not responsible for FieldMonitor’s performance, suitability, or fitness for purpose.
Camera Remote API by Sony.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.