What is it about?
App Store Description
• FileViewer XL is a file viewing, storage, transfer, printing, and email application for the iPad. It includes one of the best PDF viewers for the iPad and can also view many other file types. Files are transferred to FileViewer XL, via iTunes (Finder in Mac OS 10.15 Catalina), using a Wi-Fi or USB connection, or via email, AirDrop, the Files app, or connected devices such as thumb drives.
• Supported file types for direct viewing or listening include portable document format (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc & .docx), rich text format (.rtf), plain text files (.txt), Microsoft Excel (.xls & .xlsx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt & .pptx), iWork files (.pages, .key, & .numbers), HTML documents (.html & .htm), web archives (.webarchive), image files (.jpg, .jpeg, .jp2, single & multipage .tif/.tiff, .gif, .bmp, & .png), audio files (.m4a - Apple Lossless & AAC formats, .mp3, .wav, and .aif), video files (.mp4, .m4v, .mov, and .3gp), and other file types (.h, .m, .c, .java, .js, .csv, & .log).
• PDF reader is fast, handles large pdf files, and opens password-protected pdfs. A thumbnail scroll bar feature facilitates viewing of long documents. Pages can be bookmarked.
• Photos from the Photos app on the iPad can be transferred to and viewed in FileViewer.
• Images can be copied from this app to the iPad's camera roll. Images in a given folder can be viewed as a slide show.
• Audio player which plays audio files in the background.
• Video player with picture-in-picture feature.
• Landscape mode as well as zooming and panning is supported for viewing documents and images.
• Web browser allows for saving of files from the internet to FileViewer XL.
FILE & FOLDER MANAGEMENT
• Folders can be created to organize files.
• Files and folders can be deleted and renamed as well as moved or copied from one folder to another.
• Multiple files can be deleted or moved to a different folder at the same time.
• FileViewer files can be opened in other apps on the iPad.
• File and folder lists can easily be filtered by file type, folders, search phrase, and first letter of name.
• Global search feature allows for searching of all directories for a given file or files.
• Files and folders can be sorted by date, size, and modification date (ascending & descending).
• Zip archives can be transferred to and unzipped in FileViewer, providing easy one-step transfer of groups of files and/or folders. Zip archives can be created from files and folders stored in FileViewer XL.
• Capability to save most document types as a PDF.
• Dragging and dropping of files into folders.
• With AirDrop, users can share files between supported iPadOS devices, as well as between an iPadOS device and computer.
• Post images and web pages to Facebook and Twitter.
• Files ≤ 20 MB can be emailed as an attachment.
• Email attachments can be transferred from the iPad's Mail app to FileViewer XL.
• Documents and images can be printed to AirPrint/ePrint compatible printers.
• Connectivity to iCloud Drive, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive.
AIRPLAY & DISPLAYING FILES ON AN EXTERNAL DISPLAY
• Using AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream iPad screen output, via an Apple TV, to an HDTV.
• Audio can be wirelessly streamed using AirPlay, via an Apple TV, to an audio system.
• iPadOS 13 (or higher).
• Files are transferred to FileViewer XL, via iTunes (Finder in Mac OS 10.15 Catalina), using a Wi-Fi or USB connection, or via email, AirDrop, the Files app, or connected devices such as thumb drives.
• Use your fingerprint (Face ID on iPad Pro 3rd generation) or a password to protect access to FileViewer XL.
• Individual files are protected using iOS data protection.
• Help is built into and available from within the FileViewer XL application.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.