Watch the trailer
Notating a song in Flat - easy as playing the piano. Composing and notating is easy in Flat; just play the piano, and your notes are automatically recorded in proper musical notation.
Advanced composition features. Adding advanced notation is simple, since you just have to change menus and tap on your notation.
Sharing and printing your score. You can collaborate with others in Flat, and they can access your score either in-app or on the web. You have to visit the score's website to print it.
Finding inspiration in the music of others. Easily search for scores others have shared so you can find inspiration to jump start your own composition.
What is it about?
To use Flat, all you have to do is sign in with your email, Google, or Facebook account and then tap the plus sign to start composing.
For those who...
- are musicians looking for an easy way to write out their compositions
- love to dabble in music, and want to create their own scores
Not for those who...
- hate music
- prefer to write their scores by hand
Why we love it
It's just a matter of a few taps to start accessing more advanced musical notation. You can add crescendos, decrescendos, fortissimos, and much more to your composition with simple taps. You can also add additional staffs to your composition, type in lyrics, and collaborate with others. Flat is built for sharing and collaboration, allowing you not only to work with others on your composition, but also to find inspiration in what others have already done. Simply search the public library of scores, by title or user, and you can find hundreds of songs ready for you to draw from. The only drawback I've found in Flat is that printing your composition is less than intuitive. The Share icon, accessed by collapsing the keyboard, only offers you the choice of posting your score to Twitter, Facebook, Google, or copying a link to it. If you want to print off your music, you'll have to access the Share icon, get a link to your score, and print it from the web view. Hopefully the developers will add more sharing options, including the ability to print directly from the app and share via Messages, in the future. For now, though, Flat is still a wonderful utility for creating music, since it is easy to use and allows for great collaborative work on your compositions.
App Store Description
A great and easy-to-use music notation editor on iOS. Flat is an app that let you create, edit, playback, print and export your sheet music and tabs. Cloud-based, you can also edit scores with your web browser and collaborate in real-time across devices with friends and colleagues.
Flat brings the following features among many others:
- Your music notation editor in your pocket with a clean and intuitive interface.
- Read and write music notation and guitar tabs, together.
- Real-time collaboration and offline edition if you lose your internet connection.
- Share online on Flat, or export to PDF, MIDI, and MusicXML.
- Print to AirPrint enabled printers.
- Over 100 instruments available, including Piano, keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass
- Quickly input notation with our touch piano and drum pads.
- Hundreds of music notations available in multiple toolbars: notes, articulations, dynamics, measures, texts, etc.
- An easy way to add chords with a useful autocompletion.
- Transpose by key, interval, and tone.
- Choose what part to display when working on your score, with Continuous and Page View.
- And much more…
Once you're done composing, share your composition with a worldwide community of more than 1 million composers. Or simply print it, export it to PDF, MIDI or MusicXML files.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.