What is it about?
The Glycemic Index app can help you eat healthier with low carb diet details along with a food diary. Check the food list, add foods to your meals, track your weight, and control your overall food intake with the app’s handy tools.
Why we love it
If you are ready to start your low carb diet, then the Glycemic Index app is for you.
Glycemic Index Load Net Carbs is FREE but there are more add-ons
Glycemic Load, Carbs and Calculator
GL/Carbs + Diary/Stats
Consumption Diary + Stats
Buy me a coffee
Buy me a coffee
Buy me a cappuccino
Buy me an apple
Buy me a free hour at work
Buy me a chocolate box
App Store Description
Do you want to eat smart?
* know good food and eat smart
* follow low-carb diets or keto diets
* control your weight, glucose and blood pressure
* prevent diseases like diabetes or heart diseases like hypertension
* fight weight gain, overweight and obesity
* have the Glycemic Load, Index and carbs data always at hand
* backup or sync with other devices
The free features of the app are:
* Food tables of the Glycemic Index, Load and carbohydrates content
* Favorite and recent food with search feature
* Weight tracking (also hip, waist, thigh, neck and fat) with statistics and beautiful charts
* Glucose and ketone bodies tracking with stats, great charts and HbA1c calculation
* Blood pressure diary with stats and pretty charts
* BMI calculator
We keep this app free by showing ads. If you want to remove ads or utilize the other exciting features like below, you can have them for a small fee.
* Glycemic Load list
* Carbohydrates content list
* Fiber content in foods and net carbs calculator
* Meal content calculator
* Food diary to keep track of your food, glycemic load and carbs consumption
* Statistics with averages for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly periods
* Beautiful charts of the GL and carbs consumption over time
* Unlimited number of measurements
* Future additions to the food tracker, charting and stats
* Import/export all your data to backup or sync between devices
* Export to CSV for offline analysis and send via email (e.g. to your doctor)
* No more ads!
So, do you know what you eat? Find out now! Install the app and use it to take control of your health.
GI means Glycemic Index. It is a number associated with a particular type of food to indicate the food's effect on a person's blood glucose (blood sugar) level. The number typically ranges between 50 and 100, where 100 represents pure glucose, an equivalent amount of pure glucose.
The Glycemic Load (GL) of food is a number that estimates how much the food will raise a person's blood glucose level after eating it. It can be used to apply the Glycemic Index to dieting by connecting the GI number with carbohydrates content in a given serving. It gives an estimation on how much a serving size of food is likely to increase blood-sugar levels.
Net carbs are total carbs minus fiber which is indigestible thus it is considered not to raise blood sugar levels.
BMI is used to assess health risks and body structure but does not take in consideration muscular mass so it can sometimes be inaccurate, for instance in the case of athletes or pregnant women.
Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly known as diabetes, is a group of metabolic disorders characterized by high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period.
Hyperglycemia (also spelled hyperglycaemia or hyperglycæmia), is a condition in which an excessive amount of glucose circulates in the blood plasma.
Observational studies demonstrate that people who maintain arterial pressures at the low end of these pressure ranges have much better long-term cardiovascular health.
Additional information regarding in-app purchases
The app includes optional in-app purchases. Some may be auto-renewable subscription based IAP which in simple terms means that:
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration/price selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hrs before the end of the current period.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of the free one month initial period will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.