What is it about?
HABC Mobile App
App Store Description
HABC Mobile App
The Healthy Aging Brain Care Mobil App (HABC) is appropriate for health professionals and non-clinical family members and caregivers. This App is three tools in one to assess both the patient and the in home caregiver. First, the HABC Monitor measures the nature and severity of an Alzheimer/Dementia patient’s cognition, functional deficit, behavioral and psychological health. It also assesses the caregiver’s burden level. Measurements are displayed in easy to read color coded dials relating patient and caregiver condition.
Second, half of all dementia patients routinely receive drugs that make their symptoms worse. This App includes the Anticholinergic Cognitive Burden Scale of medications to avoid. This practical tool identifies prescription and over-the-counter medications and classifies them by the severity of their effects on cognition. It also suggests safer alternative medications.
And third, the HABC Mobile App includes protocols to aid caregivers who must deal with:
• Managing strategies for depression, anxiety, repetitive behavior, confusion, aggression and agitation.
• Coping strategies for wandering, shadowing, balance and falls.
• Personal care such as bathing, dressing and meals, toileting and incontinence.
• How to address sleep disturbance, delusions, hallucinations, paranoia and delirium.
• Stress, Exercise, Communication, Legal and Finance, Physical health and dental care.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.