What is it about?
App Store Description
No in-app purchases
No subscription or sign up required
No internet or wifi connectivity required: works completely offline
Play with History’s Greatest Minds! This app brings back to life one of the most epic figures in science: Marie Curie, voiced by Miriam Margolyes. Take part in riveting mini-games designed by real education specialists.
TIME TRAVEL WITH MARIE CURIE AND DISCOVER FACTS ABOUT HER SPELLBINDING LIFE
You will be taught by the first double Nobel prize-winning scientist herself through a collection of captivating mini-games and interactive stories on topics such as the states of matter (a National Curriculum learning area), radioactivity, particle physics, what an atom is, and the chemical refinement process.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE BY LEARNING ABOUT CHEMISTRY WITH DOZENS OF IMAGINATIVE MINI-GAMES
Take part in tons of fun science games including creative problem and puzzle-solving challenges, skill-based activities and exciting numerical challenges.
This app is regularly updated with additional content and fixes for endless historical entertainment!
DESIGNED BY REAL-WORLD EDUCATION SPECIALISTS
KalamTech’s dedicated in-house education specialists ensure that the game follows topics and subject areas as covered by the National Curriculum for a fun educational kids game like no other!
All facts and figures have been rigorously checked and researched by subject matter experts to ensure scientific, historical and biographical accuracy.
STUNNING 3D GRAPHICS AND AN INTERACTIVE STORY VOICED BY MIRIAM MARGOLYES
An interactable 3D dancing Curie will be your very own personal tutor; guiding you through dozens of incredible, varied tasks, helping you when you struggle, and telling hilarious jokes!
MORE EDUCATIONAL GAMES FEATURING HISTORICAL HEROES COMING SOON
Marie Curie is already joined by Albert Einstein (voiced by Stephen Fry!) in the App Store, with future heroes of history coming soon!
About Human Heroes:
‘Curie on Matter’ is the second in a children’s educational app series – “Human Heroes” - Created by edtech startup, KalamTech and centred on history’s greatest minds. From the philosophers of ancient Greece to the giants of science, renowned artists, composers, mathematicians, authors, and architects – these inspirational characters are brought back to life in a futuristic theatrical setting to perform a captivating live-show experience covering their life and their famous discoveries.
• Take part in multiple unique mini-games, each with multiple variations for countless hours of entertainment:
-Tap to fire neutrons at atoms while avoiding nearby orbiting electrons
-Watch atoms radiate and disintegrate through neutron activation.
-Break down pitchblende ore into powder using the might of your finger!
-Drag powder into acid and mix to dissolve
-Flick crystals at corresponding matches to isolate elements
-Clean a manor house to fund Marie Curie’s sisters’ studies in Paris
-Swipe Marie Curie’s vehicle to avoid debris as she goes to the aid of soldiers
• Hundreds of lines of dialogue recorded, with Marie Curie voiced by the award-winning actress Miriam Margolyes
• Exquisite hand-drawn animation sequences tell the oft untold tale of Marie Curie’s gripping life; from her early upbringing in Poland to her arrival in Paris, the outbreak of the First World War and eventually, recognition as a historical icon
• Ask Marie Curie over 50 questions and hear her answers in the Vault of Wisdom; a comprehensive database of questions and facts about science and her captivating life.
• Complete activities and tasks to earn Synaptocoins, used to unlock additional questions about Marie Curie’s life and scientific facts from the Vault of Wisdom. Quests updated daily!
• Redo challenges and tasks for extra bonus’, Synaptocoins, and higher star ratings!
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.