What is it about?
Our biggest update ever is now on sale.
App Store Description
Our biggest update ever is now on sale.
iBird UK Lite Free Guide to Birds is the perfect field guide app to learn to identify birds of the United Kingdom and Ireland. It’s a free 35 bird demo of our advanced iBird United Kingdom and Ireland Pro app which has the full 343 common and rare species designated by the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO). iBird UK Lite now offers two powerful features found only in our high-end iBird Ultimate: Birds Around Me (BAM) and Percevia™ smart search. Smart search lets you identify birds just like the experts while BAM only shows species that are found in your GPS area.
Compare iBird versions: bit.ly/about-ibird
In 2008 iBird broke new ground as it turned the iPhone into a field guide that identifies birds and plays their songs. Featured in Apple’s television commercials, it started a revolution that made iBird the most respected birding app in the world. iBird is now completely updated with new species for 2017 and includes exciting new features.
Whether you are an experienced birder or a beginner, iBird UK Lite is the best way to get started with iBird’s unique technology such as the Percevia™ smart search and Birds Around Me features
Compare before you buy: ibird.com/compare-uk
iBird UK Lite Version 10 now contains these exciting features:
● Birds Around Me (BAM) narrows the species being searched to just those found at your GPS location, within a radius and season you specify.
● Percevia™ intelligent search is a patented algorithm that guarantees you will only choose search attributes that narrow the matched list of birds.
● iBird now takes advantage of the high-resolution retina displays of the iPhone and iPad so the screen shows more information than ever.
● Contains the latest 2016/17 BTO checklist.
● View all birds by head which makes identification easier.
● Back up and sync favorites and notes with iCloud and share with all your devices and your friends.
● Fun new birder’s “stickers” to spruce up your text in Messages.
iBird UK contains these time-tested features:
● ‘Birds Around Me’ narrows the search list to just those birds centred on your GPS location, within a specified radius and a specific season.
● The patented Percevia™ intelligent search prevents you from making the wrong choice when searching for your bird.
● The only birding app that includes both Illustrations and Photos.
● Spectrographic audio display brings insight to the structure of bird songs by allowing you to view the sound's frequency components.
● Every species is shown perched and in flight and most show major seasonal, age and male/female variations.
● Identify 35 species of both native and rare birds.
● Save multiple personal species lists and your sightings in Notes which can be backed up and synced in iCloud.
● Includes hundreds of carefully selected and edited sound recordings from the Xeno-Canto Community of bird song recordists.
● Filter birds by countries, regions and coasts, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location.
● iBird’s icon-driven visual search engine, with 35 attributes, enables you to identify birds using shape, colour, location, habitat, head pattern, flight pattern, bill shape, length and much more.
● Search by common name, Latin name and the BTO 5 band code.
● Comprehensive seasonal and migratory range maps include subspecies.
What the Expert's Say
"If you’re looking for the most expansive digital key, the encyclopedia-like iBird excels. It has the most sophisticated algorithm, incorporates live location, shows search results in real time (with a slide show option) and has the most fine-grained advanced key choices."
-The Quest for a Bird Identification Key by Diana Doyle in ABA BIRDING magazine, March/April 2014 issue
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.whatbird.com/forum/
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.