Control your entertainment. With the Remote app, you can control your Apple TV or iTunes. Best of all, you can type letters on it.
Multiple settings. Use the Remote app to setup Home Sharing or add an iTunes library.
What is it about?
The Apple Remote is the companion app you need for Apple TV or iTunes. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. Connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC to play from your library as if you’re in front of your computer. Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
For those who...
- It's Apple own
- First app on App Store
- Get alternative for Apple TV
Not for those who...
- Limited uses
- Don't have an Apple TV
- What's iTunes?
Why we love it
Typing on the Apple TV isn't exactly simple. This is where this app comes in. With Remote, you can type passwords easier than with the official Apple TV remote.
App Store Description
iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums, and songs
• Browse movies, TV shows, and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with Airplay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 or later is recommended for use with iTunes Remote.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.