Map My Hike sets the bar for other hike mapping and tracking apps. It offers an excellent way to keep a digital record of your hiking workouts, connects to various apps and wearables, and offers a community for friendly competition. You can even set up the app with a training plan to help you build your hiking skills to tackle more adventurous routes.
Check the details on WatchAware
What is it about?
Map My Hike provides you with a terrific way to map your travels and share them with others. It helps you discover new hiking trails to explore, all the while allowing you to keep an eye on how well you're performing during your workout. If you have an Apple Watch, Map My Hike integrates with the wearable to monitor and analyze your heart rate, so you can make sure you're maximizing your workout. At the end of the hike, detailed statistics are available to review and share, including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
For those who...
- Love to hike and want to keep better track of their journeys
- Want detailed information about their hike after it's done
Not for those who...
- Don't go hiking
- Don't care to keep track of the details and statistics of their hikes
Why we love it
This app gives you all the information you need to make the most of your hike. It allows you to view detailed statistics about your journeys, mapping your progress and helping you build your endurance with encouragement and motivation. The only downside is that you can't download the maps for offline use.
Map My Hike by Under Armour supports Siri commands
Map My Hike by Under Armour is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Track and map every hike with MapMyHike. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new hiking goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first long hike or a pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked hike and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to hike, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each hike.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyHike app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION ATHLETES
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR HIKES FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your hiking goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyHike.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyHike is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and MyFitnessPal.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.