One of Tinybop's Digital Toys apps for little children, Me lets kids express how they see themselves and the people and the things around them. It lets them create self-portraits by customizing and accessorizing avatars. It also lets them tell stories about themselves and the world as they see it by answering various simple questions.
Watch the trailer
A different kind of selfie. Create a self-portrait by making your very own avatar, with a diverse set of customization options, from different hair styles to various skin tones. You can also create avatars for your loved ones, including your family, friends, and pets.
Decorations and animations. Words and stickers are at your disposal to spruce up your photos with. You can even record sounds and entire stories. And if you'd rather draw, you're free to do so with a selection of pens, brushes, and colors.
Questions and answers. Answer hundreds of questions as prompts for your telling stories about, say, your family or your favorite food. Whatever you like or feel, you can turn it into something creative, colorful, and animated with Me.
What is it about?
Me is a great app that encourages children to express their identities and emotions in interactive ways. It presents a number of fun prompts for kids to follow as they go about making stories about themselves and those they hold dear using different creative tools. They can then choose to share their creations for others to appreciate as well.
For those who...
- you like to get creative with words, images, and whatnot.
- you want a place to express yourself with ease.
- you want to tell little stories about yourself and the people and things that are important in your life.
Not for those who...
- you'd rather play a straight-up game.
- you don't like answering questions and telling stories.
Why we love it
The fact that Me is developed by Tinybop, an established maker of quality kids' apps, should be reason enough for parents to get it for their children. Like Tinybop's other apps, Me offers kids a safe and inviting place to play practically on their own terms and learn important things at the same time. Essentially, it helps kids develop their emotional intelligence, which is key to fighting the tendency toward bullying and anxiety.
App Store Description
Tell your story. Me: A Kid’s Diary gives kids hundreds of fun, inspiring prompts to help them learn more about themselves and the people around them.
In drawings, words, animations, recordings, and photos, kids can document their worlds: their families, friends, pets, feelings, likes, dislikes, wishes, and dreams. As they play and create, kids build self-awareness, self-confidence, empathy, and kindness.
"An app that teaches my kids to empathize, include, and appreciate others, that’s screen time I can feel good about." — Cool Mom Tech
"We love not just the creativity the app inspires but also the memorable family discussions that can result. Very cool." — Parents Magazine
Me: A Kid’s Diary is No. 5 of Tinybop’s Digital Toys series which includes the iPad App of the Year, The Robot Factory, No. 1 of Digital Toys. Each Digital Toys app is an open-ended construction kit for kids to build, test, and play. Kids develop creative-thinking, problem-solving, and storytelling skills.
- Create and accessorize avatars for yourself and all the people and pets in your life.
- Your avatar responds to you, expressing emotions you can capture and share. Send an animated drawing to your friends or save it to your camera roll.
- Ask and answer hundreds of questions about yourself and all the important people and places in your life.
- Decorate your photos with fun stickers and words.
- Create drawings with different pens, brushes, and colors.
- Record stories and sounds.
- Write on pictures and photos.
- A text-to-speech feature is available for all supported languages! Prompts and responses can be read aloud.
- See your answers turn into animations and other surprises!
- See everything you have created and recorded in one swipe.
- Safe space for self-expression. Nothing is shared unless you choose to.
- Original artwork by Ana Seixas.
- Original sound design.
- Open-ended activities with no rules. Curiosity and creativity are rewarded.
- Multi-user system.
- Fun for everyone: families can play and learn together!
Me: A Kid’s Diary by Tinybop is a safe space. Kids can choose to download and share what they create and who they share it with. No personal information or data is otherwise shared or distributed outside of the app.
We take your and your child’s privacy seriously. While this is a storytelling app, we believe the stories created in the app are for you and your child only. Anything and everything your child creates in the app is not shared outside of the app unless you or your child chooses to.
We do not collect or share personal information about your child. We do not allow any third-party advertising. If the camera, microphone, and other services are used in an app, your information is not collected or distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop. :)
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.