What is it about?
HONORS FOR MILLIE WAS HERE
App Store Description
HONORS FOR MILLIE WAS HERE
• A Kirkus “Best Book of the Year” Winner
• A Washington Post’s “Best Apps to Give and Get”
• Editor’s Choice, Children’s Technology Review
THE CRITICS LOVE MILLIE
“Millie offers the kind of humor that appeals to both kids and parents on different levels.” —Common Sense Media
“She’s a good dog with a great set of apps." —Kirkus
"My daughter 'oohed' and 'ahhed' over the adorable art, has already replayed it several times, and has asked me to download more Millie books for her.” —WIRED
“Children’s storybook apps have all begun to look alike, but Megapops’ interactive reading experience Millie Was Here stands alone as the pick of the litter.” —The Horn Book
GIVE US YOUR PAW AND WE’LL GIVE YOU A TREAT!
Get ready to steer the action, reveal surprises, play games, and collect stickers along the way in this hilarious book app—the second in the Millie Was HereTM series.
YOU'LL HOWL WITH LAUGHTER
Millie is an adorable but mischievous mutt who turns real life into a real adventure, and this is her first full length story. A simple walk in New York’s Central Park quickly becomes a walk on the wild side, as you help Millie explore a “dense jungle” filled with delightful surprises. You’ll learn secrets from a “wise old unicorn,” tame “wild piranhas,” and take on a “band of pirates,” all in a quest for a priceless treasure: The Lost Key to Endless Bacon!
THE TALL “TAILS” OF A SHORT DOG
The Millie books combine real-life photographs with fantastical art and story elements to create far-fetched, humorous “fairytales” for kids. They’re a lighthearted, modern twist on a classic format, and everyone’s in on the joke.
TEACHING OLD SKILLS USING NEW TRICKS
Our goal is to use a technology to which kids are naturally drawn to foster a love of reading, promote imaginative and inferential thinking, and help kids develop cognitive, creative, language, and motor skills. Education and language specialists have found that even the most reluctant readers are enticed to read Millie’s books.
THIS PUPPY WAS BORN DIGITAL
The Millie Was HereTM series was created from the ground up as an interactive reading experience for iOS devices. It wasn't adapted from a book, film, or television show—so its interactivity and mixed-media design are built right into the story, not added on later. The result is interactivity that feels intuitive, natural, and fully integrated into the narrative.
• Read-along text (highlights words as they are read)
• Interactivity on every page, including digital pop-ups, mini games, and more
• Packed with exciting video clips and animation
• Virtual stickers hidden on every page, and a sticker book for your collection
• "Classroom Mode" allows educators to control the pace
• Card Maker creative activity
• Language Switch allows instant language changes from the home screen
• Innovative “Bedtime Mode” creates a calmer experience for nighttime reading
• Two reading modes allow users to choose between having the book read to them, or reading it themselves.
• Original music and fun sound effects
• Professional dramatic narration
• Beautiful, original artwork and photography
• A cute dog on every page!
Millie Was Here is now available in 11 languages!
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.