What is it about?
HONORS FOR MILLIE WAS HERE
App Store Description
HONORS FOR MILLIE WAS HERE
• Editor’s Choice Award, Children’s Technology Review (2011)
• App of the Week, FOXNews (Sept 2011)
• Featured by Apple in New & Noteworthy, and What’s Hot (Aug 2011)
• Reached top free children’s book app for iPad (Aug 2011)
• Winner, PTPA Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval (Fall 2011)
THE CRITICS LOVE MILLIE
"The best iPad book we’ve ever seen. And that’s saying something." –Best Kids Apps
"Millie Was Here is off to a fetching start" –Kirkus Reviews
"I'm hooked on the series and having a mysterious craving for bacon" –The iPhone Mom
"One of the most unique and best illustrated children’s narratives available for the iPad" –The iPhone App Review
"A no-brainer, just go ahead and get it!" –Apps4Kids
GIVE US YOUR PAW AND WE’LL GIVE YOU A TREAT!
Get ready to steer the action, reveal surprises, play games, and collect stickers along the way in this hilarious book app—the second in the Millie Was HereTM series.
YOU'LL HOWL WITH LAUGHTER
Millie is an adorable but mischievous mutt who turns real life into a real adventure, and this is her first full length story. A simple walk in New York’s Central Park quickly becomes a walk on the wild side, as you help Millie explore a “dense jungle” filled with delightful surprises. You’ll learn secrets from a “wise old unicorn,” tame “wild piranhas,” and take on a “band of pirates,” all in a quest for a priceless treasure: The Lost Key to Endless Bacon!
THE TALL “TAILS” OF A SHORT DOG
The Millie books combine real-life photographs with fantastical art and story elements to create far-fetched, humorous “fairytales” for kids. They’re a lighthearted, modern twist on a classic format, and everyone’s in on the joke.
TEACHING OLD SKILLS USING NEW TRICKS
Our goal is to use a technology to which kids are naturally drawn to foster a love of reading, promote imaginative and inferential thinking, and help kids develop cognitive, creative, language, and motor skills. Education and language specialists have found that even the most reluctant readers are enticed to read Millie’s books.
THIS PUPPY WAS BORN DIGITAL
The Millie Was HereTM series was created from the ground up as an interactive reading experience for iOS devices. It wasn't adapted from a book, film, or television show—so its interactivity and mixed-media design are built right into the story, not added on later. The result is interactivity that feels intuitive, natural, and fully integrated into the narrative.
• Read-along text (highlights words as they are read)
• Interactivity on every page, including digital pop-ups, mini games, and more
• Packed with exciting video clips and animation
• Virtual stickers hidden on every page, and a sticker book for your collection
• Innovative “Bedtime Mode” creates a calmer experience for nighttime reading
• Two reading modes allow users to choose between having the book read to them, or reading it themselves.
• Original music and fun sound effects
• Professional dramatic narration
• Beautiful, original artwork and photography
• A cute dog on every page!
Millie Was Here is now available in 11 languages! The apps are automatically set to the language of your device, but if you want to switch to a different language, all you have to do is change the language in your device settings. Here's how:
Device Settings > General > International > Language
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.