Movie time. With just a few swipes, you can combines any Live Photo into a movie to share.
Special technology. With special technology, the app can stabilize Live Photos while also optimizing them for video loops.
What is it about?
Motion Stills is Google's enhancement to Apple's Live Photos. The app automatically converts every live photo to a GIF that can be shared on any platform. You can quickly watch all your live photos come to life and choose which to share. You don't need to manually select which photo to convert, the app provides a feed of all the Live Photos already converted. My favorite feature is motion stabilization that can tame any jerky Live Photo. When making a video loop, special technology can also identify the optimal start and end frame while discarding any blurry frames. You can even combine Live Photos to make fun and interesting movies. All of the results from the app can be shared via messaging or social networks.
For those who...
- Want to see their Live Photos without having to 3D press on them.
- Want to share Live Photos on other platforms that don't support Apple's standard.
- Have a number of jerky Live Photos that need to be fixed.
Not for those who...
- Don't take Live Photos or do not want them turned into animated GIFs.
Why we love it
Motion Stills is designed for the iPhone and can be downloaded now on the App Store for free. As a nice touch, no Internet connection is needed to run the app as all of the work is done on your phone. Motion Stills is simple enough for anyone to learn and use, and it really allows users to create something cool with Live Photos. And even you’re not interested in any of the other major features, it’s by far the best Live Photos to animated GIF converter in the App Store. Nice job, Google.
App Store Description
Turn your Live Photos into epic, cinematic GIFs and video collages with Google’s advanced stabilization technology:
• Create epic movies and video collages.
• Add fun Motion Text and emoji that tracks objects.
• Share your Motion Stills as looping GIFs directly in your favorite messaging app.
• Pick the best frame and export your Motion Stills as Live Photos so you never miss a moment.
• Browse through your Motion Stills stream, or flip through one-by-one and watch them auto-play.