What is it about?
App Store Description
For Successful Results while using this App, you must use an older technology style “Optical Mouse” with a RED LED light. Otherwise, it will Fail to operate as intended and lead to a very disappointing end Result.
Your iPhone or iPad does not need to be connected via cable to your Desktop or Laptop while in use.
The Mouse Rover App allows you to keep the mouse pointer moving on your computers screen while you are momentarily away from your Desktop or Laptop.
1. Keeps your screen saver from Activating.
2. Any tracking software that determines mouse movements as (working) activity, will always show you as an active user. Hence, at your workstation Working!
3. For those who work remotely, keeps your session alive and active while you are away momentarily doing other things.
4. No need to enter your password over and over again when your session times out due to inactivity.
5. Low Power Mode. Starts an automated schedule which cycles through a Run and Sleep sequence that may use Less Energy when it cycles to the points in the schedule where it Sleeps.
The mouse is set on top of the iPhone or iPad while the app is running. Within the designated spot, a constant movement of patterns will move up-down, left-right, or both.
This constant movement is detected by the optical mouse via its sensors and therefore keeps the mouse pointer moving, thereby keeping the user’s session active. The pattern’s speed can be controlled to maximize detection.
There are settings available to minimize iPad or iPhone battery use. For example, if the computer session is known to “sleep” after 5 minutes of inactivity, then the app can be programmed to run the pattern for 1 minute, then rest for 4 minutes (dark screen).
1. Place your iPhone or iPad face up on a flat level surface with the Mouse Rover application running.
2. Be sure to have either or both the (Left to Right) or (Up and Down) track movement started within the Mouse Hole (Center Circle).
3. Choose a Track Name by toggling through the Track Names button.
4. Choose the speed you want the Track Name animation to run. Track speed can make a big difference on whether a mouse pointer movement is triggered.
5. Place your mouse on the device, aligning the mouse's sensing eye onto the center of the Green, Red or Purple Mouse Hole (Center Circle).
App Tips for Successful Usage:
1. On some of the mice tested, the mouse movements were very subtle. Visually, the mouse pointer looked as if it wasn’t moving. But, there were just enough very small movements detected to register as active user input, which prevented the screen saver from activating.
2. Set your iPad or iPhone to the maximum screen brightness.
3. Try setting the Mouse tracking speed to the highest possible tolerated setting.
4. Adjust the mouse’s angle when placed on the iPhone or iPad.
5. Try using different Track Name textures at different Track speeds.
6. Experiment with all the above. Every Optical Mouse model is different.
7. Must be an Optical Mouse in use for this Application.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.