What is it about?
App Store Description
* Dedicated browser for access to secured sites from mobile devices
* Strongly authenticates users with hardware-based keys e.g. smart cards (requires a smart card reader – sold separately)
* Supports on-device Derived PIV Credentials issued from a MyID server (sold separately)
* Mutual authentication allows secure access to high-value services via encrypted data sent over-the-air
* Easy to deploy low-cost solution
* Minimal management overheads - just download and go!
MyID® Browser from Intercede® has been designed to give users the same experience as a native browser with regards to ease of use and functionality. This solution can be deployed on smartphones and tablets to verify the identity of the user to the organization and to help the user ensure that any sites accessed are genuine and safe by using mutual authentication. This gives the organization confidence that only authorized personnel are able to view corporate resources.
* Some websites provide a lesser experience unless a particular User-Agent is set.
We are trying to remove the need to specify a particular User-Agent under most circumstances. For now, if you have problems with a particular web site try any of the pre-configured User-Agents in Settings app's MyID Browser section.
Please note: We cannot guarantee that changing the user agent will solve the issue, as websites may be using browser-specific features which cannot be emulated by changing the user agent. For this reason we recommend that the user agent is kept on "Automatic" by default and only changed if there is a problem with a particular website.
* If a secure (TLS) page contains insecure content, sometimes the entire page is hidden.
We prevent access to secure sites that have problems with their server certificate (such as it being unverified or containing the wrong hostname). Sometimes the browser is too enthusiastic and will prevent access to a secure site just because it has insecure content.
* Currently the browser does not support the full version of Outlook Web Access (OWA). When accessing OWA you should ensure that you are using the light version.
To report a problem please enable Debug logging in the main iOS setting for MyID Browser prior to repeating the problem. Then after the problem occurs send a log file to our Support department from inside the app using the "Email logfile" option of the Settings pane on the left of the Browser.
Logfiles contain information about network traffic for the current browser session, including URLs visited; cookie names; the names of certificates found on the card etc. The logfile content can be reviewed before it is sent to Intercede.
PINs, usernames, passwords and other form data are never stored in the logfile.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.