Watch the trailer
Add to-do checklists from your notes. When you're keeping notes, you can quickly add and schedule to-do checklists without ever leaving your note. Just type the asterisk (*) or tap the button and enter your to-do. You can even schedule it, and it will show in NotePlan's calendar view.
Creating notes using Markdown. With NotePlan, you can create to-do lists as well as notes, using the Markdown syntax. It's easy to learn, and allows you to export your notes in rich text for gorgeous yet simple documents.
Schedule your day straight from the calendar. NotePlan allows you to schedule to-do items and jot down notes right in the calendar view. Just tap in the bottom of the screen, and you'll go into a note specific to that day. Then type away, creating your to-do list items for the day and keeping notes as you go.
Easily check off what you've completed. It's easy to check off what you've done. Just tap anywhere in that item, and then tap the checklist icon. That marks the item as done, and it shows that way in your calendar view.
Integration with your existing calendars. NotePlan can integrate with your existing calendars, so events you add there will show up in NotePlan. It makes for a terrific way to keep track of the day's events and important dates.
What is it about?
The first thing you need to understand about NotePlan, if you don't already, is Markdown. Markdown is a syntax language that helps you format text using quick keyboard strokes. NotePlan uses Markdown extensively, both for creating to-do lists and for formatting your notes.
For those who...
- Are keyboard junkies and want to create their notes and to-do lists without tapping or clicking
- Want a flexible way to manage their days
Not for those who...
- Don't know or want to learn Markdown
- Don't use to-do lists
Why we love it
NotePlan is a complete to-do list app, as well as a note-taking and calendar title. It allows you to easily manage both your day-to-day activities as well as future tasks. What makes this app truly unique is the use of Markdown, which really speeds up both taking notes and creating action items. You can quickly and easily craft your to-do list, using Markdown for both formatting and to act as the check boxes you'd see in other to-do list apps. The difference lies only in how you mark things complete, since you have to tap twice (or use a gesture followed by a tap). All in all, the app works fantastically, and allows you great freedom in how you create your notes and your to-do lists. The ability to share your notes to Dropbox, Mail, and other apps is fantastic, especially when it's all done in Markdown. I only wish the app would export the notes to rich text format or PDF.
App Store Description
NotePlan is the All in One Digital Planner to help you organize your life, your work, and everything in between. You can manage your calendar, notes, and tasks all in one intelligent interface on both Mac and iOS (sold separately). Try NotePlan for free for 14 days, no payment info required.
- Integrates with your iCloud Calendars (supporting Google Calendar, Exchange, Yahoo, and more.)
- Dynamic tasks allow you to schedule tasks, see upcoming, overdue, and unscheduled.
- Syncs with your Apple Reminders, use Siri on the go to create reminders in NotePlan.
- Powerful calendar views to see events, reminders, and tasks in one place.
- Organize thoughts in Nested Tags
- Easily Add (and remove) image attachments to your notes.
- Syncs your notes via iCloud Drive to all your Apple devices (this is your data, not ours!).
- Global search across calendar events, reminders, tasks, and notes.
- Multiple dark and light themes to suit your style.
- Works offline, no internet required (sync does require connection).
- Built from day one to support Markdown editing within notes!
QUOTES FROM OUR AMAZING CUSTOMERS
- “To keep up with all the stuff I have to do, I have tried most to-do apps. The simplicity of NotePlan’s approach makes it the winner in this category for me.”
- “The new design and layout is awesome. I’m a big fan of NotePlan and this makes information even more accessible and logically laid out.”
- “This is a fantastic app that solves a lot of pain points for me. You can start small and gather complexity at your own pace.”
- “Finally, an app that does exactly what I want.”
Download and try today for 14 days, no signup required, no payment info required. NotePlan is a one time purchase (no subscription) if you like the app!
HERE IS THE BACKSTORY
If you’re like us, work life and personal life is starting to merge. Managing meetings, notes, next steps, projects, tasks, reminders in multiple apps, sites, or tools - can be pretty hard - but it doesn’t have to be! With NotePlan for the Mac and iOS, you can manage your calendar, notes, and tasks in one place. Instead of constantly context switching, you can stay focused and accomplish what you set your mind to.
We recommend starting by getting everything out of your head and captured in one place - such as a “Planning” note. After gathering your thoughts, NotePlan allows you to seamlessly translate items into tasks. Set dates to these tasks, such as “tomorrow” or a specific day of the week.
By integrating with Apple’s Calendar and Reminders, NotePlan can show you your meetings and events next to the tasks you set. Weekly or Monthly calendar view gives you a quick snapshot of what is scheduled, and where you may have gaps in your day so you can quickly schedule additional things to accomplish.
Reviewing and managing open tasks and deadlines is incredibly easy. On top of that, notes are perfect for brainstorming, saving links, taking meeting notes, or storing reference materials. NotePlan is highly-customizable too with handsome light and dark themes as well as tagging for organizing and wiki-style linking between notes.
If you have any questions, suggestions or problems, please contact us. We provide fast and professional support: [email protected]
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.