Watch the trailer
Integrate with Apple Health. Apple Health has a section for mindful minutes, such as meditation, and Oak can integrate with that.
Guided meditation exercises. Oak offers guided meditation exercises to help you learn to relax and be more mindful.
Calming your breathing. Part of meditation is deep, relaxed breathing, and Oak offers lessons to help you achieve that.
What is it about?
When you first begin using Oak for your meditation, you'll be in "guided" mode. The app signifies this with "Mindful" in the discipline field when you first begin the meditation exercises.
For those who...
- want to learn meditation
- wish to become more relaxed and mindful
Not for those who...
- don't meditate
- prefer totally unguided meditation all the time
Why we love it
One of the nicest things about Oak is its optional integration with Apple Health. You're given full control over whether or not you allow this integration; Oak doesn't even take you directly to the settings to link up your Apple Health data. Instead, the app tells you how to turn it on, and then leaves it to you to enable Apple Health integration. The benefit to this integration is tracking your meditation within Apple Health. Since Apple Health has a section for Mindful Minutes, Oak is an excellent way to meet your goals for being more calm, relaxed, and mindful. That's not all the app offers, though. Oak also allows you to go through breathing exercises, learning to take deep, calming breaths and then let them out. Finally, a Wisdom tab provides you with access to a number of videos on relaxing, meditation, and more.
App Store Description
**2018 New Apps We Love** - Apple
**Oak will guide you to more mindful, relaxed living** - AppAdvice
Oak helps you decompress by transforming your meditation practice from an experiment into a habit. We support you from your first session to your 500th, with mindful, loving-kindness, and sleep meditations as well as unguided sessions and breathing exercises. Individualize your meditations by duration, and customize with silence or calming background sounds. Oak tracks your progress and encourages you to continue building a healthy meditation practice.
- Guided mindful and loving-kindness meditations with male and female instructors
- Choose a guided session duration ranging from 5 to 30 minutes in length
- Choose unguided meditation sessions ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours in length
- Sit in silence or choose soothing background tracks (bells, blocks, bowls, streams, and other gentle sounds) that encourage restfulness
- Courses: go deeper and learn to practice Mantra meditation with a 10-day course
- Simple yogic breathing exercises that can easily be performed on-the-go
- Options include Box Breathing, Deep Calm, and Awake sessions
- Animated instruction removes the guesswork
- Guided breathing exercises help relax your mind as you drift off to sleep
- Choose silence or gentle background sounds to play during and after your session
- For unguided meditation, set your custom mediation duration, background sounds (or silence), and interval chimes
- Oak tracks the number of minutes/hours you’ve meditated, mindful breaths you’ve taken, and the number of meditation/breathing sessions you’ve accomplished, as well as any consecutive streaks
- Discover new accomplishment badges the more you breathe and meditate with us
- The power of community: Monitor the number of Oak members mindfully breathing and meditating in real time
- Oak supports Apple HealthKit for tracking “mindful minutes” with the Health app (optional).
Thank you for taking care of yourself through meditation. Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us anytime at [email protected]
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.