What is it about?
Oxford Phonics World is FREE but there are more add-ons
Levels 1 to 3
App Store Description
Help your child read and spell in English. Oxford Phonics World is the first step on your child’s journey into English.
Oxford Phonics World is a three-level phonics course that leads you through the sounds of English. Children over three years old learn sounds step-by-step with a tried and tested methodology. Games, puzzles and fun animations motivate children to discover and remember the connections between sounds and the letters that represent those sounds.
With the Oxford Phonics World app your child can:
• learn the English alphabet
• understand the relationship between letters and their sounds
• blend sounds together to read words
• learn through play, with a range of games
The three levels have over 200 words and fun animations:
• Level 1 teaches the English alphabet and its sounds, introducing over 100 words along the way
• Level 2 teaches how sounds combine together with consonants to form more complex words (e.g. ram, can, cup, jet, and many more)
• Level 3 introduces different spelling variations of long vowel sounds (e.g. rain, seed, night, bow, cube) and introduces over 75 new words
• complete all units of a level to win a trophy and certificate!
• each level of Oxford Phonics World contains an Extras unit with fun activities such as a Picture Maker and Animation Gallery
• Unit Access allows you to switch between following the curriculum in order or moving between your child’s favourite activities
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.