What is it about?
WHY DID WE MAKE THIS?
Pain Tracker & Diary is $3.99 but there are more add-ons
Unlimited Diary Entries
Copy and Edit a Previous Pain Entry
Custom Pain Types
Interactive Summary & Animation
App Store Description
WHY DID WE MAKE THIS?
This app was developed by an MD pain specialist and PhD pharmacologist to help individuals with chronic pain create a picture of each of the distinct types of pain felt during the day. By keeping such a diary, users and physicians can precisely see what is felt every day and if the treatments tried are helping.
TRACK IT BETTER. TREAT IT BETTER.
Using patent-pending technology, you can now distinctly track, map, and monitor the intensity, pattern, and extent-of-spread of at least 12 different types of pain on your mobile device. We’ve also added a separate tracking system for numbness.
PAIN IS LIFE-CHANGING.
When you suffer from pain, you want to get better. You want your doctor to understand what you are feeling.
Tracking your pain is essential in treating your pain. When your healthcare team can see exactly how your pain changes over time, trends that might otherwise go unnoticed can emerge.
Pain is a complex sensation with varying intensities, textures, locations, and spread patterns. Being able to explain to your doctor what you are feeling is essential. It is crucial in individuals suffering from Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Nanolume® makes it easy for you to track, analyze, and map at least 12 distinct types of pain every day. By comprehensively knowing what types of pain a person is feeling, physicians can use such knowledge to help determine your diagnosis and develop and adjust your treatment plan.
PAIN IS DIFFERENT.
Pain is a subjective (not objective) sensation — a medical device cannot measure it. Instead, its assessment relies on each person’s ability to communicate what they feel.
This app helps you explain and show to others precisely what you feel every day.
For each diary entry you create and save:
• Choose from a list of over 12 distinct pain types. You can even choose multiple types of pain—each one drawn separately.
• Custom Pain Types. Create up to 3 customized pain types.
• Select the intensity of each pain type.
• Use your finger or a stylus pen to draw an “outline” where each type of pain is experienced on the map.
• The app automatically calculates (estimates) the % body surface area covered (affected) by each (or all) type(s) of pain.
• Open a saved entry and look at the location of each distinct pain type (by touching the icon of the pain type you want to see) or see all of the pain types at once and see how they overlap (tap the "All Layers" icon). Then, swipe the picture left or right to check how your pain changes over time.
• Add "Notes" for additional details.
• Forget to record an entry? Go back and recreate a "pain picture" from the past; then, use the "Calendar" icon to backdate the recreated entry.
• View a summary of your data in "Charts."
• Calendar. Touch the "Calendar" icon to backdate any pain-picture you draw to create a record of what you remember from the past.
• Copy/Edit. Copy or edit a copy of a previous pain entry.
• Export. Email or save a CSV file of your numeric data. Then, open the data in a spreadsheet.
• Zoom. Pinch or double-tap to zoom.
• Interactive Summary & Animation. Play an animation of your data to see how “each” or “all” of your pain types change within any period you choose by selecting the corresponding start/stop dates.
• PDF Export. Export your charts, drawings, and notes as a PDF file.
PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT.
Copyright © 2014-2022, Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.