What is it about?
Pain Tracker & Diary by Nanolume®
Pain Tracker & Diary is FREE but there are more add-ons
Unlimited Diary Entries
Copy and Edit a Previous Pain Entry
Custom Pain Types
Interactive Summary & Animation
App Store Description
Pain Tracker & Diary by Nanolume®
"Designed for patients who wish to keep a detailed diary that depicts each and every type of pain they are living with every day."
TRACK IT BETTER. TREAT IT BETTER.
Now you can distinctly track, map, and monitor not only the intensity, but also the pattern and extent of spread, of at least 12 uniquely different types of pain on your mobile device, using PATENT-PENDING technology.
PAIN IS LIFE-CHANGING
When you are suffering with severe pain, you want to enable others to see exactly what you are living with every day.
Tracking your pain is important in treating your pain. When your healthcare providers can see and better understand exactly how your pain changes over time, trends can emerge that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Pain is a complex sensation that can constantly change with varying intensities, textures, locations, and patterns of spread. This is especially true for individuals who suffer with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), a/k/a Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD).
Nanolume®, the interactive pain-tracking diary, makes it easy for you to track, analyze, and map at least twelve individually distinct types of pain every day. By more completely knowing what types of pain a person is suffering with, such knowledge can be used to help develop a more accurate diagnosis and/or treatment plan.
PAIN IS DIFFERENT
Healthcare professionals consider pain to be the 5th vital sign, along with blood pressure, heart rate, ventilation rate, and temperature. While the first 4 vital signs are objective findings that can be easily measured with tools that don’t require patient-based descriptions or explanations, the 5th vital sign is different.
Pain is a subjective – not objective – vital sign; it cannot be directly measured. Its assessment relies on the ability of the sufferer to be able to understand and completely describe what he or she feels.
This Pain Tracker & Dairy by Nanolume® helps you recall details you might otherwise forget so you can better communicate your pain experiences so that your healthcare team can follow your progress and treat you based on the most accurate and complete pain-related information you can offer them.
- Create up to 10 pain diary entries for free with the demo.
- Choose up to at least 12 different pain types for each entry.
- Choose an intensity of each pain type.
- Map the location and patterns of spread of each pain type.
- Show where each unique pain-type layer exists on your body.
- Show "All Layers" to see how each layer contributes to the complexity of what you feel every day.
- Add notes.
- Go back and recreate a record of the pain you remember from the past
- App estimates the percentage of body surface area covered with each type of pain.
- View a summary of trends in 'Charts'.
- Upgrades include: 'Unlimited Pain Entries', 'Copy/Edit', Numbness', 'Custom Pain Types' and 'Interactive Summary & Animation'.
- Aching – A dull, heavy, hurting-type of soreness.
- Allodynia – An unusual skin-sensitivity to light-touch or vibrations that causes severe pain.
- Burning – A fiery, blistering, broiling, or searing pain.
- Cutting – A sharp, tearing or lacerating pain.
- Freezing – A shivering, bone-chilling or ice-cold sensation.
- Shooting – A flash of pain that travels across or down a body region.
- Squeezing – A cramping, gripping, spasms-type of pain.
- Stabbing – A sharp, penetrating, knife-like pain.
- Stiffness – An inability to move a joint or muscle due to tightness or poor flexibility.
- Stinging – A sharp, pinching, pins-and-needles pain.
- Stretching – A pulling, twisting, tugging pain.
- Throbbing – A beating, pounding or pulsing pain.
- Tingling – A bug-crawling or repetitive tapping sensation.
Data is stored locally on each device and is NOT collected or stored by Nanolume®, LLC.
Copyright © 2014-2018 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.