Partly Sunny is a beautifully simple weather app powered by Dark Sky that will give you all of the information you need to know in one glance. Add up to nine locations in the app, and then see temperature, precipitation chance, and conditions in the main list view. You can then drill down into more detailed views for each locale with a tap, and view hourly and weekly forecasts. Partly Sunny is minimal but gives you the information you need in a fast and responsive interface.
Light and dark themes. Users can choose between the bright white theme or go for a darker theme for those times you need to check the weather in the dark.
Up to nine locations. Users can add up to nine locations and get complete forecast information for that locale, down to specific days.
Comprehensive information. Partly Sunny may feature a minimalistic interface, but it comes jam packed with a ton of useful information. Everything you could ever want is available with a simple glance.
What is it about?
Partly Sunny is a beautifully minimal weather app that gives you all of the basic weather and forecast information that you need with a simple glance.
Why we love it
The app is minimalistic, fast and responsive, intuitive, and packed with a ton of useful information since it is powered by Dark Sky. It's a must-have for weather nerds.
App Store Description
Partly Sunny shows your weather in quick glances and detailed looks.
Need to quickly see if there will be rain at home or at work today? Need to check the wind or UV index over the next few hours? Need to look at the forecast for the upcoming weekend? Partly Sunny has you covered.
Partly Sunny features:
• Quick glances of what’s happening in the sky at your current location and your favorite locations.
• Detailed looks at forecasts to show what’s happening throughout the hour, the day, and the week at your locations.
• Hour-by-hour graphs that plot temperature, chance of precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, or more.
• Day-by-day chart that plots high and low temperatures throughout the week.
• U.S. & U.K. locations: precipitation-intensity graph for the next hour when it’s raining or snowing.
• U.S. locations: links to pollen forecasts and NOAA weather offices for winter-weather predictions, tropical forecasts, marine forecasts, and more.
• A widget to show both a quick glance and a detailed look at your selected location’s forecast.
• A light theme and a dark theme.
• Versions for both iPhone and iPad.
• Location renaming and fine-tuning.
• 3D Touch: app-icon widget and shortcuts. Peek and Pop in List View; Location View’s severe-weather alerts, pollen-forecast, and NOAA buttons; and the day-by-day chart.
• URL scheme: partlysunny://, partlysunny://currentlocation, and partlysunny://addlocation.
• Forecasts powered by Dark Sky.
Partly Sunny has been featured in Apple’s “New Apps We Love”, MacStories, AppAdvice, and Lifehacker.
Partly Sunny “introduces a robust, beautiful new way to view weather information. […] What’s immediately striking about Partly Sunny’s design is that it feels designed to belong in iOS. It’s an app that feels built by Apple if the company decided to make a massive iterative change to its own stock Weather app.” – MacStories
“If you are looking for minimalism in your weather app, then Partly Sunny will satisfy your cravings. […] Partly Sunny offers the information you need in a concise and flexible way.” – AppAdvice