Watch the trailer
What is it about?
The game begins in the alleyway without any real guide beyond the core interface elements. It’s up to you to draw whatever you would like, and experiment to try to find out what others would like to fund your growth as an artist. It’s such a change of pace game, especially since it’s not always clear why any particular piece sells allowing for true experimentation. You don’t have to be artistically inclined to enjoy Passpartout, and you can make funds in the game if you just take your time. Try out a multi colored spray paint backdrop, test out using different find pen color combinations, and even explore abstract works. There are no bounds, and you never know what will strike the right chord with a particular customer.
Why we love it
Passpartout can be frustrating at times as potential customers will give you generic negative feedback, like this painting lacks art, or this piece is too minimalistic or too complex. You have to roll with the punches, and try again, or even wait it out as it just takes one customer to make a sale. The most interesting aspect of the game is the unknown backend that goes into judging your art. It’s unclear how the developers are coding the customers to like or dislike your art. Is there image recognition, a value in time that goes into creating a piece, is it the use of different colors and tools? There are no answers for the player, so you just paint what you like and hope for the best with variety seeming to be the best strategy. It’s such a creative game idea that allows your creative juices to run wild, and take as much from the game as you put into it.
App Store Description
Passpartout puts you into the shoes of a French artist trying to navigate the beautifully confusing art scene. Paint and sell your own art to survive your expensive wine and baguette addiction.
- Paint your own masterpieces! Even you can become the next Van Gogh!
- Battle with subjectivity and try to charm a variety of self-proclaimed art connoisseurs without losing your "artistic integrity"!
- Survive your wine and baguette bills. Will your addiction to baguettes be your downfall?
- Unlock fancier galleries and customers!
- Experience the French art world through a living puppet theater!
- Includes an amazing soundtrack by our favourite groovin' dinosaurs Synkronosaurus