Open Quartz to get the news headlines presented to you like a text conversation with a pal. You will receive messages with the headlines and can then tap one to read the full story. Customize your notifications, share news with friends, add the widget to your Notification Center, and check out items on your Apple Watch.
Check the details on WatchAware
Jump right in. Open Quartz and easily set up the app as if your friend is helping you. When you receive the news messages, buttons will display at the bottom which are basically your responses. Not interested in that news piece? Select the Next or Anything Else button. Want to hear more about it instead? Select the button with the icons. Each news story message you receive has the source right beneath so you know you can rely on it.
Customize your notifications. Easily customize your settings by just sliding right. First, you can select which notifications you would like to receive from four options. Be alerted for big news, important and interesting stories, news updates, and for traders, markets haiku is available. You can then sign up for a daily email from Quartz and check out their policies, provide feedback, or report an issue.
Get your news in text form. Open Quartz to get the news headlines presented to you like a text conversation with a pal. You will receive the messages with the headlines and can then tap one to read the full story. From there you can share it with a tap or open the link in Safari. You will also receive photo and GIF messages pertaining to the articles, giving it an overall friendly feel.
What is it about?
Quartz is truly a unique way to get your news. With fun GIFs and attractive photos, it really does feel like a text conversation with your friend. When it is time to get serious, you can read the full story with a simple tap. The customized notifications are great, the Apple Watch support is a definite plus, and overall it is just a light and pleasant way to check out the news each day.
For those who...
- Want their news quickly
- Are looking for a new way to consume news
Not for those who...
- Prefer their current news app
- Do not want a unique way to view the news
Why we love it
Quartz makes consuming news a fun conversation. Instead of being tasked to read an entire story you get the headlines. Want more info and you'll get it. Want less info you can just move on to the next story.
App Store Description
• App Store Best of 2016
• Apple editors' choice
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• Brit & Co's 10 most life-changing apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
"It’s super simple and a real breath of fresh air." —TechCrunch
"This is the future of mobile news, as Quartz envisions it." —Wired
Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket.
It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, and links, and you can decide when you're interested in reading more. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment.
And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who want to keep you informed and entertained.
It's pretty simple. Here are some other features:
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!