What is it about?
The app features four major tafsirs:
App Store Description
The app features four major tafsirs:
*** Tafsir Ibn Kathir ***
- Tafseer al-Qur'ān al-'Aẓeem (c. 1300) by Ibn-Kathir is one of the most famous Quranic Tafsirs. It links certain hadith and sayings of the sahaba to verses of the Qur'an, and avoided the use of Isra'iliyyats.
*** Maariful Quran ***
- Ma'ariful Qur'an (c. 1970) is an eight-volume tafsir of the Quran written by Pakistani Islamic scholar Mufti Muhammad Shafi. Originally written in Urdu, it is the most prominent work of its author.
*** Tafheemul Quran ***
- Tafhim-ul-Quran (1972) by Syed Abul Ala Maududi is a combination of orthodox and modernist interpretation and has deeply influenced modern Islamic thought. It is more than a traditional commentary on the scripture as it contains discussions and debates regarding economics, sociology, history, and politics.
*** Asabab Annuzul ***
- Kitab asbab al-Nuzul ('Book of occasions of revelation') by Ali ibn Ahmad al-Wahid (c. 1075) is the earliest and the most important work in the study of the historical context of Quranic revelations. Al-Wahidi mentions occasions of about 570 verses out of 6236 verses of the Quran. Wahidi's work is not only the first attempt to collect all the material regarding the occasions of revelation in one single volume, but it is also the standard upon which all subsequent works were based.
--- PLANNED TAFSIRS ---
* Tafsir al-Tabari (The Al-Tabari Interpretation) by Muhammad ibn Jarir al-Tabari Ash-Shafi'i (224—310 AH; 839—923 AD)
* Tafsir Ibn al-Mundhir by Ibn al-Mundhir (318 AH)
* Tafseer Al-Musnad (Tafseer Ibn Abi Haatim) by Abu Muhammad Abdul-Rahman ibn Abi Hatim Muhammad ibn Idris al-Razi (327 AH)
* Ahkam al-Qur'an ('The Commands of the Quran') by Al-Jaṣṣās (d. 370 AH/981 CE). Based on the legal rulings of the Hanafi school of Islamic law. This was published in three volumes and remains popular amongst the Hanafis of India, the Middle East and Turkey.
* Ta'weelatu-l-Ahli-Sunnah by Abu Mansur al-Maturidi — the author was a Sunni Hanafi jurist, theologian, and scriptural exegete from ninth-century Samarkand who became the eponymous codifier of one of the two principal orthodox schools of Sunni theology, the Maturidi school, which became the dominant theological school for Sunni Muslims in Central Asia and later enjoyed a preeminent status as the school of choice for both the Ottoman Empire and the Mughal Empire
* Tafsir al-Thalabi by Ahmad ibn Muhammad Al-Tha'labi (died 427 AH/1035 CE). Also known as al-Tafsir al-Kabir ('The Great Commentary').
* Abu-l-Hasan 'Ali Ibn Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn 'Ali Al-Wahidi Ash-Shafi'i An-Nishaburi, a student of Al-Tha'labi wrote 4 Tafseer of the Qur'an:
* Qur'aan Made Easy by 'Allamah Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias, Mawlana Ismaeel Ibrahim, and Ismaeel Khathrada.
* Tafseer-e-Usmani by Shaikhu-l-Hind Mahmud al-Hasan Deobandi and 'Allamah Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, Translated by Mawlana Muhammad Ashfaq Ahmad
* The Glorious Qur'an (based on the Tafsser-e-'Uthmaani) by Shaikhu-l-Hind Mahmud al-Hasan Deobandi and 'Allamah Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, Translated and edited by the teachers of Madrasah Ayesha Siddiqua, Karachi.
* Tafseer-e-Uthmani by Shaikhu-l-Hind Mahmud al-Hasan Deobandi and 'Allamah Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, Translated by Mawlana Muhammad Muhammadi and others
* Illuminating Discourses on the Noble Qur'an by Mufti Muhammad Ashiq Ilahi Madani
* Tafsir al-Mizan by Muhammad Husayn Tabatabaei (1904—1981). By Allama Tabataba'I, explanation of Quranic verses with the help of other relevant verses.
* Tafsir ('A Thematic Commentary on the Qur'an') by Mohammed al-Ghazali (1917—1996), a contemporary Egyptian scholar not to be confused with Imam al-Ghazali. This commentary tries to explore the themes that weave through the entire Qur'an as well as the main theme of each chapter.
* Tafsir al-Tahrir wa'l-Tanwir (1984) by Muhammad al-Tahir ibn Ashur. Notable of its emphasis on the rhetorical aspect of the Qur'an.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.