What is it about?
*Updated for iOS13 and Dark Mode
App Store Description
*Updated for iOS13 and Dark Mode
RapidBART is an iOS app that will help you find a seat on the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system during rush hour.
When experienced Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) riders try to get to work or home from one of the many heavily-trafficked BART stations in the Bay Area, they'll typically employ this strategy: catch a train headed in the opposite direction, go back as many stations as possible, then disembark to grab their original destination train.
RapidBART automates this process for you, turning you into one of these experienced riders but with much more power at your fingertips.
No, RapidBART isn't going to reserve a seat for you, force people to give up their seat to you, or conjure an additional empty car on your train that's filled with empty seats.
C'mon, we're not wizards or even magicians.
What RapidBART does do is significantly increase the probability of getting a coveted seat on a packed train during rush-hour by:
* Grabbing real-time BART info on train arrivals and departures system-wide.
* Running that data through an advanced algorithm that assesses those real-time arrivals/departures and decides the right train to board in the opposite direction of your destination.
* Providing you with a detailed list of options sorted by most optimal number of stations to go the furthest distance back but also getting you off the "reverse train" and onto your destination train the fastest.
* Transforming that information into a visual format that will allow you to make split-second decisions when you're in the station.
Clearly, this idea doesn't make sense for every station and destination. Heading from San Francisco to the East Bay? We've got you completely covered with RapidBART; the likelihood of you getting a seat will dramatically improve. Heading from Embarcadero to San Bruno? I doubt you'd want to go back to Oakland in the tube just to get a seat to San Bruno, it doesn't make as much sense. If you REALLY want to though, the app will help!
General list of standard features include:
* Reverse Trains: RapidBART generates a real-time list of reverse destination trains to take back a few stops to help you get a seat and optimize the time it takes getting to your destination.
* Real-time Arrivals: Tracks and displays BART real-time platform arrivals and departures from any station to any destination.
* Widget: Quickly access real-time departures and reverse train calculations from your homescreen, without even opening the RapidBART app. All the info you need is a single swipe away.
* Standard BART Features: trip planning, cost, transfers, time, scrollable map, etc.
* Notifications: Get in-app updates and notifications on delays in the BART system, as well as days the Warriors, Giants, or Raiders are playing. Game days usually result in an overcrowded BART system so we'll keep you fully informed.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.