What is it about?
App Store Description
"To teach anyone you first must get their attention" CJ.
*For more of a complete trailer go to captainjeff.org and click on Read A-way app.
Read A-way incorporates both sides of the brain in a phonetic reading program based on the use of storytelling. It provides learners with fine motor skill involvement as well as video and picture pop outs to make Captain’s storytelling come alive.
With Retelling sheets, Review Sheets, and “undrawings” for each chapter of the 32 chapter novel, Read A-way captures the learners attention, develops valuable decoding skills, increases comprehension, and heightens creativity. Each chapter of Captain’s tale focuses on a different word family (ex. op, ip, ump) and in the word building section creates words using 52 consonant & consonant blends with each of the 32 families to develop some 500 words as well as sight words acquired in the highlighted text.
Wishing to be realistic Captain Jeff weaves a tale of adventures and treasures on an island in the middle of the ocean. The video of his storytelling is followed up with a word for word highlighted text that incorporates real pictures and live video pop-outs of people, places, and things in our world. Taking the learner on an adventure into the jungle, to the bottom of the ocean, and all the way to outer space and back.
Teachers in main stream classrooms, charter schools, home schools, one on one with parents, ESL instruction, and adult education will all find useful tools to develop valuable life long reading skills.
* An explanation of the program by Captain Jeff
* Live videos of Captain Jeff telling his tale chapter by chapter
* A highlighted text accompanied by the Captain’s storytelling audio
* Picture and video pop-outs within the highlighted text
* Printable Story Retell sheets (for comprehension of the story line)
* Printable Chapter Review sheets (for comprehension of details of the story, word building, poetry creation, adjective search, and story predicting)
* Printable “undrawings” (drawings done and then mostly erased, allowing the learner to complete each undrawing in their own style making them their own illustrator and locking in what was read by using the left side of the brain also.)
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.