What is it about?
● KEY FEATURES ●
App Store Description
● KEY FEATURES ●
● Simple, fast and easy to use guide and route planner for the metro, rail and trams in Rome.
● Clear colourful street map covers all of central Rome.
● Map and routing data are stored entirely on the device so no internet connection is required.
● A database of places of interest, parks, restaurants, shops etc, etc is included.
● Allows the user to easily mark up the map with points of interest or plot routes and mark areas of interest.
● Locates and tracks the user on the map using GPS.
● OVERVIEW ● The Rome Metro - Map and route planner from Zuti makes it easy to travel in and around Rome using the Metro, Tram and Urban rail networks. The application contains a detailed and colourful street map and route planner with many unique features. The map provides a clear view of the city transport services with the ability to show or hide the transport services and stops. The map and route planner are stored entirely on the device and are available anywhere and at any time, there is no need for an internet connection.
● TRAVEL EXPLORER ● The unique travel explorer feature provides a view of travel times using transport from any location on the map. This is helpful for getting a sense of scale and connectivity of the transport system and can provide some interesting results. For example is it quicker to use the metro and tram to travel from Colosseo to Venezia or is it quicker on foot? (Hint, the quickest route will keep you fitter). No other application makes it so easy to get around on the transport systems and allow you to make travel decisions based on the actual distances involved.
● ROUTING ● Does not require an internet connection and will always be available to display a clear and detailed view of the city transport system, plus list and display on the map the optimum route for your journey. Provides the fastest route calculations of any mobile routing application (virtually instantaneous) using actual published journey times with the ability to select the quickest route or the route with the least changes. Comprehensive details of your planned route are provided, including “direction”, “towards” and “service frequency” information (not available on any other offline journey planner) for example “Take the Metro B (Northbound) towards Rebibbia for 4 mins (2 stops). Service runs every 10 minutes” which is essential when finding the correct platform and direction. Also given are alternatives (if available) for each leg of the journey.
● ANNOTATING THE MAP ● You can now add places of interest, routes and areas to the map. This is a very simple yet powerful feature that allows the user to easily customise their map. This feature will also display the complete distance for a route. These annotations are stored on the device and can be shown or hidden as a group or individually.
● NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED ● The map and routing do not require an internet connection and you will not be charged data connection fees. This also means the application runs perfectly underground or on an aeroplane, etc. For international visitors to a city who have data roaming turned off this is an ideal solution.
● MORE MAPS ● This map is one in a series of Zuti worldwide city maps, if you like this product you may also enjoy some of our other offerings, please visit www.zuti.co.uk for further information.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.