It goes without saying that engaging in workouts is not enough to help you get fit. Eating healthy is also key if you are to achieve the body you’ve always wanted. Runtastic is well aware of this. “You might be working out really hard,” the Adidas-owned fitness company says, “but if your nutrition is not on point you won't get the best results.” And so it has come out with Runtasty, a recipe app that’s meant to be a cooking companion to your training plan.
Watch the trailer
Dietitian-approved recipes. The aptly named Runtasty may be best described as a cross between Runtastic’s focus on fitness and BuzzFeed’s Tasty cooking videos. Essentially, the app features a number of dietitian-approved recipes that require minimal ingredients, presented with visually appealing videos that show how the recipes are done, step by step.
Kitchen hacks. Runtasty also features additional how-to videos of useful kitchen hacks that you can apply as you prepare your meals. With these, you can learn tips on how to properly cut an onion, avocado, or mango, poach eggs, peel ginger, boil eggs in the oven, and cook the perfect steak.
What is it about?
The aptly named Runtasty may be best described as a cross between Runtastic’s focus on fitness and BuzzFeed’s Tasty cooking videos. Essentially, the app features a number of dietitian-approved recipes that require minimal ingredients, presented with visually appealing videos that show how the recipes are done, step by step. Recipes in Runtasty may be filtered by category, enabling you to find ones that match your dietary preferences and restrictions (e.g. fish and seafood, vegan, low-carb, gluten-free, high-protein, post-workout, ready in 15 minutes, breakfast, etc.). There are also recipe icons that indicate attributes such as preparation time and food allergies, allowing you to see at a glance whether a recipe is right for you. Every recipe also includes a breakdown of nutritional facts (such as calories, carbs, protein, and fat) to make counting macros simple. If you see a recipe that you’d like to make again and again, just “heart” it to quickly access it in the app’s favorites section. Runtasty also features additional how-to videos of useful kitchen hacks that you can apply as you prepare your meals. With these, you can learn tips on how to properly cut an onion, avocado, or mango, poach eggs, peel ginger, boil eggs in the oven, and cook the perfect steak.
For those who...
- want to complement your workouts with healthy meals.
- just want to eat healthy, whether you work out or not.
Not for those who...
- don’t like watching Tasty-style food preparation videos.
- will eat anything and everything you want, thank you very much.
Why we love it
Runtasty is a nifty little app that makes healthy eating simple, especially for fitness buffs who want to make sure that the efforts they’re exerting on exercise don’t go to waste because of haphazard eating habits. It features a collection of dietitian-approved, minimal-ingredient recipes across a variety of categories — Hummus-crusted chicken with veggies or colorful quinoa salad, anyone? — accompanied by step-by-step instructional videos that are as easy to follow as they are pleasing to watch.
App Store Description
Get 40+ free healthy recipes and kitchen hacks! Your complete healthy recipe book right in your phone. Want a low-calorie healthy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth? Need a quick post-workout recipe to fuel the gains? Pop open your Runtasty app and head to the market. The ingredients are practical, the recipes are simple and your belly will be happy.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- 40+ dietitian-approved recipes available for all diets and dietary restrictions: gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, meat-eater, dairy-free, low-carb and more!
- Calories & Macros: All recipes include calorie, protein, carbohydrate and fat break down
- Step-by-step videos: All recipes are available in a quick and entertaining video format
- 7 additional how-to videos: Kitchen hacks to make your life in the kitchen so much easier
- Filter recipes based on different categories: Under 15 minutes, post-workout, less than 200 calories, nut-free, breakfast and more!
- Mark your favorites: Go back to your favorite recipes so you can make them again and again
RUNTASTY RECIPE FAVORITES:
- Fluffy Protein Pancakes
- Hummus-Crusted Chicken with Veggies
- Colorful Quinoa Salad
Happy cooking and enjoy your meal!
Runtastic Terms of Service: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms