What is it about?
SENODE - GRAPHICAL STEP SEQUENCER
App Store Description
SENODE - GRAPHICAL STEP SEQUENCER
Senode is an innovative music composition app based on finite state machines. It works like a modular step sequencer with polyphonic steps and probabilistic choices between routes, which makes it perfect for algorithmic composition. In addition, all sequencer actions are MIDI bindable, so the steps can controlled in real time from drums, sensors or other apps – a real live-performance instrument.
"Senode is something quite different when it comes to sequencing" - Create Digital Music
"If you search a new unique sequencer for iOS than check out Senode." - Synth Anatomy
"A Killer App!" - A4iRebirth
CREATE COMPLEX SEQUENCES WITH RANDOMIZATION
The core of Senode is a graph of Nodes connected by Edges. You decide if it behaves like a simple vending machine or a complex pinball game. Each Node triggers a sound when activated, while Edges determine the direction of travel. Instruments are controlled by Emitters which send their Tokens onto the graph. That means, you can compose a generative music piece for a whole orchestra using the graph notation and a couple of Emitters! It gets more interesting if you add random directions or emit multiple Tokens at different time positions.
GRAPHICAL MULTI-TOUCH INTERFACE
You can compose and perform your music live using the intuitive multi-touch interface. The on-screen keyboard helps you to visualize and edit notes assigned to the currently selected Node. Drag and connect Nodes with multiple fingers. Activate a sequence by sending Tokens onto the graph. Use your fingers to step through sequences manually or tap the master clock. All synth parameters are accessible from the main panel with multi-touch as well.
Each Emitter contains a simple but powerful subtractive synthesizer with main OSC (sine, saw, square), sub OSC (sine), 1-pole lowpass filter, stereo reverb and ADSR envelope. Try the demo patches to get inspired!
MIDI CONTROL AND STEP RECORDING
Use the step record function to create new nodes on the fly, either from single notes or with chord detection. Use a drum kit, wearable sensors or any other MIDI device to control the steps of Senode. Enjoy the unique experience of being your own master clock!
CONTROL MUSIC APPS AND EXTERNAL DEVICES
Senode is the perfect sequencer for all MIDI-capable apps. Play in sync with other apps using Ableton Link. If you connect a MIDI interface, you can even control your hardware synths with the app.
Senode is made for live music performance. There are no default "beats" or "bars" and all actions are performed in real time. However, Tokens can be quantized to a master clock (16th resolution) and support catch-up, which means you can hit all functions like a drummer "on the spot" and stay in sync, even if you're too early or a little late. By the way, the really cool stuff will happen if you break free from 4/4 bar schemes, start your sequences on off-beat timings or create crazy polyrhythmic cycles...
- innovative non-linear graphical sequencer with draggable multi-touch interface
- integrated polyphonic synthesizer with sine wave, square, saw and noise oscillators, ADSR, filter, reverb
- unlimited number of steps and directions: cycles, randomized, one-shot
- real-time sequencer control with master clock and catch-up quantization
- full MIDI binding support for all sequencer operations like step, emit, tick, trigger or clear
- Ableton Link support
- support for single notes or chords with velocity, legato or fixed-length notes
- chord detection, hold and replace modes
- transpose and clock divide functions
- polyphonic traversal with unlimited number of tokens and different instruments on the same graph
- quickly record nodes or chords via on-screen keybard or MIDI input
- control other music apps or external gear via MIDI
- comes with tutorial and example patches that you can instantly play
More details: https://senode.org/help_1.2.0.html
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.