What is it about?
Start your free trial now! Cancel anytime.
App Store Description
Start your free trial now! Cancel anytime.
Spark Reading will improve the reading skills of students ages 6 to 16, designed by award winning experts and teachers to build up your child’s reading ability and grade level.
"Kids Apps We Love" - Apple App Store
Featuring hundreds of topics and thousands of questions, your kids will be hooked reading one story after the next as they improve their critical thinking skills and reading comprehension.
Spark Reading is designed to highlight the best stories for your child’s reading level and interests, empowering them to pick the perfect story to stay engaged with their learning.
Your child can take this digital library with them anywhere. Every academic subject is covered, and every story was written specifically for this app.
We are always adding new stories to help your child grow as a reader, so please write to us if there are any topics you’d like to see us add to the app!
Studies show that just 10 minutes of reading a day makes a world of difference for students. Completing comprehension questions has been linked to higher scores in reading proficiency.
"A book is a door. You open it. You step through." - Jeanette Winterson
"Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere." - Mary Schmich
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." - Margaret Fuller
- Uses widely adopted standards for 2nd grade through 8th grade, including Lexile levels
- Expertly curated by teachers and educators, with content across all topics and grade levels
- Award-winning designers and writers
- Age-appropriate books that children love to read
- A vast collection of fiction and nonfiction titles
- Learner-centered STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Stories on every academic subject
- Aligns with school curriculum, works great for homeschooling
- Recommendations to match your student’s reading level and promote accelerated reading
- As students track their progress through each category, they will build a passion for reading
- Easy to monitor the progress of multiple student profiles, track their scores, how much time they are spending reading, and their favorite topics
- Safe and kid-friendly environment to explore and learn!
The app allows the reader to reread and retake the tests without punishment. Teachers and caretakers can review time spent reading and other personalized data.
No information is collected from the device, it is fully secure and COPPA compliant.
"This app helped me in my reading. Now I have an A+. I am very happy I tried this app."
• No Wi-Fi needed - study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Audio for each story to be read out loud
• Highlighting of the words to read along (with audio)
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete (stories for older grade levels 7-10 minutes)
Teachers: stories and question sets from this app can be assigned as activities in Apple's Schoolwork app
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"These apps are awesome! Our boys absolutely love these. We have done 3rd, 4th & 5th grade comprehension. They love the fun aspect of getting the questions right, and think of these more as games than the learning apps they are."
Current categories include science, sports, history, inventions, food and nutrition, geography, animals, mythology, biographies, and more.
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to [email protected]
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.