What is it about?
Sports Split Step Tennis Plus
App Store Description
Sports Split Step Tennis Plus
Evidence Based Concepts (EBC) inherent in these new training applications will
revolutionize your approach to competing in your sport. Train your entire body
by integrating your sensory and physical systems with precise timing sequences
that emulate your opponent's movements. This Tennis Plus Application includes
the original 10 drills from the Sports Split Step Tennis App and an additional
5 Hand Feed Drills. The additional drills allows the athlete to improve their
acceleration and speed of movement in a progressively challenging manner while
working with a hand tossed ball. Emphasis on seeing, anticipating, hearing and
then reacting provides a process by which all athletes can increase their
sensory-motor skills, something referred to as Reaction-Based Training. The App
provides the necessary timing (using beeps) for allowing the coach feedback for
gaging their toss, while at the same time using a sequence of RED lights to
allow the athlete 'keys' for when to prepare loading for the split step.
1. Three levels of difficulty (Slow, Medium, Fast).
2. Movement selections from 15 different drills.
3. Drills have timed movements in 8 different directions or combinations of
4. Eight drills are Closed (repeatable) and 2 drills are user selectable as
Open (Random) or Closed patterns.
5. A simple and fun experience of introducing athletes to sensory-motor
6. Unique stimulus for generating the timing for initial movements used in many
different sports (i.e. split step in tennis or pre-hop in baseball).
7. A training environment for combining initial movements with sport specific
development (i.e. melding of the split step, movement to ball, and hitting
an imaginary tennis ball).
8. Sensory cues (both visual and audio) by which to anticipate movement
involved in learning to time and hit an imaginary ball, (i.e. decelerating
and execution of a sports specific movement).
9. Challenges that improve agility and balance for all athletes, while
improving sports specific conditioning.
10. Allows the tennis player the opportunity to learn the split step while
11. Allows coaches opportunities to give stroke feedback while hitting balls,
without sacrificing the proper preparation for executing the split step.
Shadowing Drills (Cues Include 4 Directional Arrows)
1. Split-Hop (vertical timing of the hop, no Directional Arrows)
2. Left (moving to left Directional Arrow)
3. Right (moving to right Directional Arrow)
4. Middle (moving as in an inside-out shot, left & right Directional Arrows
5. Lateral (moving to left, Middle, & right Directional Arrows, Closed or
6. Fwd Left (moving forward & left, top & left Directional Arrows)
7. Fwd Right (moving forward & right, top and right Directional Arrows)
8. Back Left (moving back & left, bottom and left Directional Arrows)
9. Back Right (moving back & right, bottom and right Directional Arrows)
10. All Directions (moving in each of 8 different (Closed or Open)
Hand Feed Ball Drills (patterns repeat continuously)
1. Medium times between 6 balls
2. Three Medium, then 3 Slow times between 6 balls
3. Two Medium, then 2 Slow, then 2 Fast times between 6 balls
4. Two Extra-Slow, then 2 Fast, then 2 Medium times between 6 balls
5. Alternating Fast, then Extra-Slow times between 6 balls