Choose your news sources. When you first open Summit, tap to select the news sources you like. You can go back and edit these later to include more or remove some. If you are not sure about one, select it to see their latest articles. Sources include Reuters, Huffington Post, Venture Beat, FOX Sports, and many more.
Check out the summaries. Pick an article to view a nice summary. If an infographic or map is available, it will be displayed for you as well. Tapping a map will provide you an attractive zoomed-in view. You can then choose to read the full article from the source, share it with friends, or save it for later.
Two ways to save articles. Saving articles that you would like to check out at a later time can be done in two different ways. First, you can tap the paperclip when you are reading an article summary. Or second, you can simply swipe the article and choose to save it from the main feed. Then tap the paperclip on the main feed page to see those you have saved.
What is it about?
How do you like to get your news when you are in a hurry? If you could scan the headlines, check out short summaries, and save the full articles for later, wouldn’t that be great when you have limited time? That is what Summit – Summarized News Reader provides and does so with a smooth interface.
For those who...
- Like to read news summaries
- Enjoy saving articles for later
Not for those who...
- Prefer full news articles and not summaries
- Like their current news app
Why we love it
Summit – Summarized News Reader has a slick interface with simple navigation. There are plenty of reliable news sources to choose from, a full search option if you are looking for something specific, and 3D touch quick actions for those with supported devices.
App Store Description
***Top 100 Free News Apps in over 20 Countries, including the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Portugal, and more!
***"If you could scan the headlines, check out short summaries, and save the full articles for later, wouldn’t that be great when you have limited time?" - AppAdvice, May 2016
***Featured in top websites, such as AppAdvice, Mashable, The Cyber Advocate, Cult of Mac, and many more!
Summit is the quintessential news reading app. News is often long, drawn out, and hard to find time to read. Summit is the solution we all need to save time, yet retain the gist of the news and stay up to date on current events.
Summit effortlessly summarizes the news and provides nifty infographics alongside it. Our algorithm extracts the key points from the news article using modern natural language processing tools - at the palm of your hand.
Browse various news sources and stay up to date with the constantly changing world without the hassle. Save, share, and search for news you care about. Spare your time and let our cutting-edge technology do the work. It's really that simple.
• Simple and clean interface with vibrant colors
• Universal app with native support for all iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8 and above
• Condense long, comprehensive, articles, into easy to digest summaries
• Full accessibility support for Dynamic Type in iOS
• Pre-loaded feeds of popular news for a variety of topics
• Full 3D Touch support with Quick Actions and Peek and Pop gestures on articles
• Save articles for later with a simple tap
• Share articles with friends and family through social media and messaging
• Full search support for articles
• Beautiful infographics and maps designed to give you a gist of the article at a single glance
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.