What is it about?
World-class iOS synthesis has arrived!
App Store Description
World-class iOS synthesis has arrived!
“Nothing sounds quite like a Synclavier”
Modern and Retro Simple yet Deep Fun plus Flexibility
Synclavier Go! is an authentic re-creation of the famous Synclavier® II Digital Synthesizer.
The iconic red button panels are featured, adapted to the highly sensitive gesture recognition system of the iPad. Under the hood is the powerful Synclavier DSP Engine, as found in the original machines, complete with Partial Timbre, Timbre Frame, FM-Synthesis and Additive-Synthesis methodologies.
It’s so easy to create playable rich string sounds, fantastic Moog esque drones, Prophet like pads, crazy FM brass noises, or Roland 808 style drum hits. It’s a sound designer’s dream and a synthesist’s wonderland.
But there’s more! We’ve added a ton of stuff, just because we can. The original hardware was 8-bit. With newer technology, we can pack more fidelity and more features in this already awesome synth.
MPE compatibility, Seven timbre “quick-change” character buttons, 16-track mixing console, crazy-good new presets, and lots more. The Synclavier was always a versatile attention-getting instrument, but now it’s a powerhouse synth to be reckoned with!
979 original factory presets are included, plus 99 new ones: all in brain-numbing 24-bit, fulfilling sonic potential only dreamed of back in the day. But if you want to jam like the eighties, Synclavier Go!’s Bit Depth setting will rock your socks: 4-bit digital grunge turns to 12-bit silky smoothness with a turn of the authentic knob.
Release 1.20.5 features include -
• Embedded “Tour” pages detailing setup and operation
• Library browser for saving and calling up Timbres
• 96-button authentic VPK interface
• 16 “Timbre Diskettes” (8 banks x 8 entries)
• Audio Setup 44.1/48 kHz and sample latency controls
• 16-track multi-timbral implementation with mix controls
• 16-track composite stereo Audiobus-compatible output
• Meticulous re-creation of the Synclavier FM sound using hardware modelling
• Easily share Timbres via Audiobus or iTunes file sharing
• Direct expression routing for pitch bend, mod wheel, velocity and pressure
• Full compatibility with MPE interfaces
• Ableton Link synchronization with Repeat/Arpeggiate
• 7 character buttons to quickly sculpt any timbre
Synclavier DSP Engine
• 12 Partial Timbres
• Delay-Attack-Decay-Release envelope generators
• 100 Timbre Frames per Partial
• Noise Floor and Bit Depth controls
• Micro-tuning controls
• Dynamic and Keyboard Envelopes
• Vibrato and Tremolo LFOs
• Authentic re-creation of original instrument and sounds
Synclavier Go! is compatible with all iPad models that can operate iOS Version 9.0 or later. This includes all iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPad Pro models except the very first iPad 1. The latest iOS version that is compatible with your device is recommended.
The Synclavier® knob is as unique today as it was revolutionary at the time of its introduction. The knob is a rate-of-change controller; close your eyes and let your right-brain kick in to the sound design process. Forget the numbers; forget the digits; let your ears guide the process. Sound design with a touch-screen and Synclavier® knob is as different from a mouse-driven GUI as, well, Synclavier® was different than the Fairlight CMI! The Synclavier Knob is an exciting and authentic option, but is not required for Synclavier Go! since a virtual knob is provided in the app.
Join us in the exciting renewal of this historic instrument as we strive towards Release 2.0!
Note to Parents: Synclavier Go! is as educational as it is historic and authentic. This app can introduce your teenager to the technical aspects of sound and sound design in a fun and informative environment.
Special thanks to Paul Schilling for your wonderful Timbres and demo music!
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.