What is it about?
Tactical NAV is $9.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Tactical NAV was created by a U.S. Army Field Artillery officer who was deployed to eastern Afghanistan on his third combat tour with the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).
While in combat, two of his fellow soldiers were killed fighting in the notorious Pech River Valley in Kunar Province, Afghanistan. From that point forward and as a way to honor his fallen comrades, he set out to create an MGRS-focused tactical mobile application that every U.S. military service member could utilize. All with the ultimate hope of saving the lives of others.
Tactical NAV’s mission is to provide military warfighters a low-cost, extremely accurate, and exceedingly powerful mobile tactical navigational solution.
Our vision is to assist and support our nation’s warfighters with their mobile navigational needs and to enable them to fight and win in the Multi-Domain Operational (MDO) battlespace.
BUILT FOR ACCURACY:
Tactical NAV allows users to pinpoint their location with precision accuracy, and acquire an MGRS/UTM/BNG/LAT-LONG coordinate to any position on the map, anywhere in the world. Its performance is on par with the AN/PSN 13 Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR), and the application has been used to accurately and safely deliver conventional and precision-guided munitions (PGM) onto enemy targets in support of combat operations.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Tactical NAV has been successfully evaluated against other targeting devices and software platforms such as JCR, CPOF, ATAK, and BFT, and it comes within 1 to 3 meters of these "officially approved" systems that are issued by the Department of Defense. Currently, Tactical NAV is being used by tens of thousands of U.S. military and NATO personnel worldwide.
• A true military-quality precision targeting platform
• Purpose-built for the individual warfighter
• Offline mapping capabilities (full usage of the TACNAV platform with no emission of a cellular signal)
• WGS 84 standard (MGRS, UTM, BNG, and USNG coordinates)
• Tactical drawing mode (joint fires planning, building overlays, route planning, etc.)
• Waypoint plotting functionality with military graphics (MIL-STD-2525B and ADP 1-02)
• Compass “FastLock” function for capturing quick azimuths
• Snap and save photographs onto the main map for intelligence purposes and AARs
• Location, waypoint, and photo sharing capabilities (via email, text, etc.)
• One-button night mode function for low-light situations
• "Go to Grid" option for smart pinpoint planning and drawing of overlays
• Created and tested in combat to ensure utmost accuracy and reliability
• iOS native code built for austere and contested environments
• And so much more!!!
Featured in the Army Times, BBC, CNN, CBS News, ABC News, Fox News, MSNBC, Daily Mail, and the New York Times.
The Department of Defense does not endorse Tactical NAV, nor should it be used in combat situations in place of a government-issued device.
ALWAYS GIVING BACK:
All sales go into further development of the Tactical NAV platform, and a portion of all proceeds go to charities that support disabled veterans and their families.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.