Watch the trailer
A cookout log. The top draw of the app is the ability to keep detailed records about each and every cookout.
A look back. You can even search for a specific cookout.
What is it about?
This universal app is wonderful whether you are barbecueing in your back yard, cooking in a competition, or catering a party. The Pit Pal BBQ takes the history of tracking your grilling and cooking into account, such as what wood or sauce/rub combos you were using or what the weather was like while you were cooking. This information becomes helpful when you need to grill again because you are able to look back on what you may want to tweak a bit. Save photos, add notes and temperatures, and more. The app also has direct interaction with the BBQ Guru CyberQ Wi-Fi.
For those who...
- Take barbecue seriously.
- Want a complete track record of their cookout history.
Not for those who...
- Don't barbecue often.
- Don't care about knowing bits of data about their cookout history to refer to in the future.
Why we love it
Barbecuing is serious business for some, and this app helps you keep track of your cookout history and track record with the grill. Remember your sauce/rub combos, weather conditions, and other bits of information that will become useful for referring to in the future.
The Pit Pal BBQ App is FREE but there are more add-ons
Pit Pal Pro Add-On
App Store Description
As seen in USA Today and on WGN News!
"One of the 10 best apps for Dad" - USA Today
"Top Apps for the perfect Memorial Day BBQ" - WGN News
"Top 7 most popular BBQ apps for iOS" - BBQ Tool Belt
"5 Apps to Make You a BBQ Master" - NextWorth.com
The Pit Pal is an all-inclusive BBQ app for your mobile device and is now available for iOS devices! It was built with the end goal of being able to help produce more consistent BBQ for backyard cooks, competitors, as well as caterers and restaurateurs.
The Pit Pal BBQ app enables more consistent BBQ through the use of historical tracking of cooks taking into account common BBQ variables such as the temperature and duration of the cook, or the sauce/rub combination, or even the type of wood used or the weather at the time of the cook. Tracking these variables allows the pit master to look back at previous cooks and continue to cook and tweak variables until the perfect combination is hit. And then have the data to replicate that combination at any time.
This is a technique that teams on the BBQ competition circuit have been using for years only with a pen & paper or manual spreadsheets. The intent of The Pit Pal is to take this technique, leverage technology to improve on it, and help people with a passion for BBQ produce great food.
• Easy to use interface for entering your cook and food details.
• Quick notes for one-click entry of common events such as mopping, adding coal, adding wood, saucing, foiling, etc. (just tap the image on the cook screen)
• Ability to track history for multiple foods during a cook.
• Save photos to cooks and attach automatically to cook history for easy reference.
• Add temperatures for your cook and track via easy to read charts and graphs. (requires Pit Pal Pro add-on)
• Cook & food notifications for time & temperature.
• Ability to add detailed notes to your cook stored in a cook archive.
* Direct integration with the BBQ Guru CyberQ WIFI and Stoker WIFI *
• View your smoker and food temperatures real time direct from you iOS device.
• Temperature notifications letting you know if your temps have exceeded a threshold.
• Track and graph your temperatures to see exactly what is happening on your cook.
• Ability to track and alert temperature even while your device is asleep! (Requires Pit Pal Pro add-on)
• Direct access to the CyberQ & Stoker web console from the app.