Traktor DJ is the second of the two essential apps in this AppGuide. It is one of the most impressive apps we have come across in this genre. Using swipe and pinch gestures you can mix your own grooves. The app allows for access to your iTunes music library, recommends songs based on your compatible tempo and key, and includes an innovative notification center that provides tips and teaches technique. The effects included are of high quality and will make your work sound high quality as well. This app updates frequently which is a big plus in our book. Whether you are a pro that plays at a lot of gigs or a beginner, this app is ideal. You can also sync your tracks prepared within this app to the Traktor Pro DJ software, making it well worth its price.
What is it about?
With Traktor DJ for iPad, you can use simple swipe and pinch gestures to make the mixes happen. You will enjoy features such as a waveform display for looping and scratching, automatic tempo and key detection, BPM sync, eight built-in effects, an external mixer mode, and flux mode to drop back at the right time.
Why we love it
When you want a full-featured DJ app for iPad, Traktor DJ has it all.
Traktor DJ is $9.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iOS swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Notification Center gives you in-app access to tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Audiobus integration allows two-way control of TRAKTOR DJ with other compatible apps
- Inter-app audio support allows TRAKTOR DJ to stream audio to other apps for further processing
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
Please note: The Metadata sync feature has been removed from TRAKTOR PRO 2. It’s still possible though, to sync metadata between two instances of TRAKTOR DJ.
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or higher, and iOS 7.0 or higher. iPad 4 recommended.
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).